Windows 10: I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some desktop icons disappeared, will I face any...

Discus and support I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some desktop icons disappeared, will I face any... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, like I said in the title, I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some icons were deleted. I added the desktop icons, but will there be any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xstrolite, Nov 4, 2019.

1. I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some desktop icons disappeared, will I face any...

Hey guys, like I said in the title, I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some icons were deleted. I added the desktop icons, but will there be any other issues? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Xstrolite
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xstrolite, Nov 4, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some desktop icons disappeared, will I face any... upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Nov 4, 2019
  4. FX-GMC Win User

I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some desktop icons disappeared, will I face any...

How to get rid of mysterious "Toshiba drivers" folder from my desktop?

Good call, forgot about that. Public is the one you want. Default is only on user creation.

Deleting a folder from the user's desktop deletes it from the public user's desktop.

FX-GMC, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some desktop icons disappeared, will I face any...

1. I deleted the Public folder in Users, and some desktop icons disappeared, will I face any... - Similar Threads - deleted Public folder

2. User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared: logged into my computer and saw a few items missing from my desktop. Windows 10, all updates installedall user related folders show nothing but under properties it shows that data is still on there.I tried messing in Regedit with no luck, It doesn't look like I'm in a temp...
  3. User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared: logged into my computer and saw a few items missing from my desktop. Windows 10, all updates installedall user related folders show nothing but under properties it shows that data is still on there.I tried messing in Regedit with no luck, It doesn't look like I'm in a temp...
  4. User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.: Today after restarting my computer I noticed that some of my desktop icons have disappeared. I checked and I still have the files. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache and my only restore point is from after the problem started. Does anyone know what to do?...
  6. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.: Today after restarting my computer I noticed that some of my desktop icons have disappeared. I checked and I still have the files. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache and my only restore point is from after the problem started. Does anyone know what to do?...
  7. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?: What is going on with my desktop ? My desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ? Where is my stuff ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-and-folders-keep-disappearing/bf48c283-71fb-4b84-bb81-6c5dcec27ec8
  9. I deleted the C:/Users/Public folder because I'm an idiot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted the C:/Users/Public folder because I'm an idiot: I'm the only user of my PC so I didn't think I needed a public folder and a default folder, just my user profile folder. I needed the space so I deleted it then dumped it from the recycling bin. It had some steam folders on it which I now learned I need to operate steam,...
  10. C:\Users\Public disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Users\Public disappeared: It actually became hidden. I can see it when I enable both hidden files and hidden protected operating system files together. When I go to folder properties, the option to unhide the folder is greyed out. Read only is also enabled and I can't disable it. I have latest...