Windows 10: i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing

Discus and support i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I decided I wanted to download Fortnite, which requires he Epic Games Launcher, so I download that. While it’s downloading I continued playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Unregeneration, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Unregeneration Win User

i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing

So I decided I wanted to download Fortnite, which requires he Epic Games Launcher, so I download that. While it’s downloading I continued playing Counter Strike, and I got a “Do you want this program to make changes to your computer?” notification and then my screen turns black. After about 15 minutes of pressing the Windows key and Ctrl+Alt+Del I decide to restart my PC. To my surprise I get the blue screen. Then Windows wants to restore my PC to an older version because it “stopped working”.

Now my computer is stuck in a softlock where I get the blue screen and then it tries to recover and then the Windows booting up screen that lasts forever.

How do I get it out of this soft lock?

:)

Unregeneration, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 6, 2018
  3. AmericanPharaoh Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 6, 2018
  4. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing - Similar Threads - destroyed computer doing

2. Creators update 2018 destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators update 2018 destroyed my computer: I started noticing constant freezing and crashes after the last big update, I think it was Creators' Fall. I reinstalled win10 and still my Disk is 100% used, my computer lags with only firefox and spotify opened. And of course, the occasional crashes... my computer didn't...
  3. last update destroyed my computer

last update destroyed my computer: I do not use my HP all in one computer very much when I attempted to pay my bills last month it down loaded the latest up dates. it has not worked properly since I was directed to reload Windows 10 by going online to Microsoft . when I done this I received error msg...
  4. I deleted my profile account on my computer what do I do?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I deleted my profile account on my computer what do I do?: I deleted my account on accident and now my start button won't work. How do I restore it? And I just updated it to window 10 yesterday and today it said that I was logged in as a temporary account so I tried fixing it but deleted my account what to do? I think I deleted my...
  5. Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer: Hi guys, so as soon as I heard about the new build, I went to install it. After it finished and booted back up, it displayed several notifications about removing apps because they weren't compatible, well thanks for confirming this with me *Huh Then I come to find that...
  6. BSOD intermittently while doing different things on the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intermittently while doing different things on the computer: Hey guys, Ive been getting bsods recently while doing seemingly unrelated things. The most recent one I got was when I was playing a game on steam. I have attached the .dmp file to the forum message. What do you guys see? The BSOD error message that would show up is...
  7. I destroyed my user folder, how to fix ?

in Windows 10 Support
    I destroyed my user folder, how to fix ?: So here's what happened: I have 2 HDD drives. C drive, I want to use only for system things, because it's only 55gb in size (it's SSD). For all other stuff (apps, documents, music, videos, games etc.) I use D drive. By deafult windows stores everything under C. So, I...
  8. windows has destroyed my computer

windows has destroyed my computer: I downloaded my free upgrade and now my computer is stuck in a loop - blue screen/black screen. Tech support was useless. Why is Windows allowed to put out a product that does not work and we have to pay to repair? It would be so nice if someone started a class-action lawsuit...
  9. I can't do it nothing on my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't do it nothing on my computer: Now Trusted installer is the owner of my computer, I can't open any file with termination (.exe)not factory reset,I thinking about buy other computer with the other operative system,like Google Chrome I'm so mad about the windows 10 !*Sad 66755
  10. Weird things happening to my computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird things happening to my computer.: I am having weird things happen to my computer, I was doing things online the other day and it just shut down on me. So I did a little research and ended up doing a chkdsk /r because I couldn't refresh/reset/backup my computer in recovery mode. It kept giving me an error...