Windows 10: I destroyed my windows home product key

Discus and support I destroyed my windows home product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I destroyed my windows home product key when attempting to reveal it. Is the any way to retrieve it???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChuckStephens, Feb 15, 2020.

1. I destroyed my windows home product key

I destroyed my windows home product key when attempting to reveal it. Is the any way to retrieve it???

:)

ChuckStephens, Feb 15, 2020
  2. CarolKopp Win User

My Product Key

I have hit another roadblock in my marathon two-day attempt to restore the laptop that Windows 10 destroyed. I do not have the product key for the device, so cannot even revert to Windows 8.1. The product key is not shown in the Amazon purchase listing for the device, and I long ago lost the paperwork. Is there any way I can look it up (keeping in mind of course that the device itself is utterly unusable in its current state)?

CarolKopp, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 15, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I destroyed my windows home product key

My Product Key

You can create a bootable USB, DVD or CD of Kyhi's recovery drive:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Boot the computer from that and it contains Superfly's Showkey Plus utility which will display any product keys stored in bios/UEFI and what version of Windows the product key is for:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

I destroyed my windows home product key

1. I destroyed my windows home product key - Similar Threads - destroyed home product

2. Windows 10 Home product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home product Key: So pretty soon I'm getting a new computer that has Windows 10 Home installed but not activated, im trying to find out if the "Download Windows 10 Home" comes with a product key so I can activate said computer....
  3. Windows 10 Home product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home product Key: So pretty soon I'm getting a new computer that has Windows 10 Home installed but not activated, im trying to find out if the "Download Windows 10 Home" comes with a product key so I can activate said computer....
  4. My windows 10 home product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows 10 home product key: how do I know whether the product key of my windows 10 home is valid or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-home-product-key/3d38024f-9655-43a3-b5be-e451caaeca64
  5. ACTIVATING MY WINDOWS 10 HOME PRODUCT KEY

ACTIVATING MY WINDOWS 10 HOME PRODUCT KEY: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro edition that wasn't activated so when I went ahead and bought the windows 10 home and did all the installations than I went ahead and tried to activate it with the windows 10 home product key but it said that the product key you entered didn't...
  6. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: I purchased Windows 10 Home download from amazon.com and the product key they sent does not work. Amazon says contact microsoft. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-product-key/e6a6d87c-0c52-486f-9d78-7425061c3b86
  7. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: I ordered Windows through the official Microsoft website two months ago. They said it might take a while to process my order. I haven't yet received a confirmation email, and a key hasn't appeared in my order history. Is there some other way I'm missing to find my key? I'm...
  8. Windows 10 Home Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home Product Key: I have this Windows 10 Home Product Key that I am trying to sell, someone gave it to me opened. How do I know if the Product Key is unused and valid? I tried googling it and nothing showed up. I don't want to sell someone a used product. - thanks. submitted by /u/ZacateWZRD...
  9. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: I installed Windows 10 online and it loaded as Pro but I have a Home product key. Microsoft told me to reinstall windows 10 Home from the USB I purchased and that it would change to Home. Well it hasn't. I still show running Pro but only have a product key for home. It hasn't...
  10. Obtaining product key from my destroyed computer

Obtaining product key from my destroyed computer: I had a house fire and my dell all in one pc, which came with windows 7, i had some issues to fix when my hardrive failed, so i had purchased windows 7 pro for it and during the free upgrade period had been able to upgrade to windows 10 pro. I had my computer added here on...