Windows 10: I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not...

Discus and support I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello How do I bypass the administrator (after putting in my password) to access my computer.? * Moved from Edge... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoyceGQF, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JoyceGQF Win User

I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not...

Hello

How do I bypass the administrator (after putting in my password) to access my computer.?

* Moved from Edge

:)

JoyceGQF, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I did a clean install on my Windows 10.  Now the built-in administrator account will not... :(

Zakin, Oct 6, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 6, 2018
  4. I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not...

Can't Open Built In Apps Using The Administrator Account WITH WINDOWS 10 HOME

Hello Leon,

As you are unable to access built-in application this issue might have because of enabling built-in administrator account.

Do let us know if the issue specific only with Alarms & Clock app?

I suggest you to do the following to disable the built-in administrator account:

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)

Also, I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not...

1. I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not... - Similar Threads - did clean install

2. I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...: I installed windows 11 on my LENOVO computer and I did a clean install now I have no Wi-Fi drivers or anything. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-install-windows-11-and-i-did-a/c16ef9fb-33ad-4044-9838-6a98d0a3df8a
  3. I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...: I installed windows 11 on my LENOVO computer and I did a clean install now I have no Wi-Fi drivers or anything. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-install-windows-11-and-i-did-a/c16ef9fb-33ad-4044-9838-6a98d0a3df8a
  4. I can't access my built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my built-in administrator account: I have two accounts on my pc. One is the built-in admin account and the other is the one i created. I have problems with permissions on the account i created and i want to login in to my admin account and anytime i try, it tells me that something went wrong...
  5. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  6. Did a clean windows 10 installation, and now a lot of problems. I'm lost.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did a clean windows 10 installation, and now a lot of problems. I'm lost.: My user got corrupted so I decided to make a clean windows 10 install in the c partition, I waited till every update was ok and I shut down my PC after that. Today I decided to install fortnite, then I remembered I needed the graphics controller for a better experience (Amd...
  7. Windows 10 built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built-in administrator account: I can't access my Microsoft Store because of the built-in administrator account. Please how can i resolve this issue on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-built-in-administrator-account/696a0530-4eac-4348-9029-ec27f7b74a57
  8. Built-In Administrator Account Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built-In Administrator Account Confusion: I run lusrmgr.msc > Users. On each account shown there, I right-click > Properties. This tells me that, aside from DefaultAccount, Guest, and HomeGroupUser$, I have an Administrator account that is built-in and disabled, and an account named Ray (my name) that is a member of...
  9. Built in administrator account

Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...
  10. Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems

Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems: i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems 1) if i leave the "security settings==>local...