Windows 10: I did a dumb thing, got the green screen

Discus and support I did a dumb thing, got the green screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there! So long story short, i ended up accidently ending a task in the task manager on my laptop (Windows10) and basically shut down the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/peanutpetals, Dec 13, 2019.

1. I did a dumb thing, got the green screen

Hey there! So long story short, i ended up accidently ending a task in the task manager on my laptop (Windows10) and basically shut down the whole 'user friendly' thing. Dont remember what it was called, i think the Windows Manager maybe? I can still sign in (i turned my laptop on and off) and open the task manager with the keyboard but thats all ive got so far, my screen has gone completely green and i have my mouse but nothing to click on....any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

submitted by /u/peanutpetals
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/peanutpetals, Dec 13, 2019

2. Green screen

Hi Nancy,

The issue you are experiencing may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• What were you doing when you encountered the green screen?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you also getting any error messages when experiencing the green screen? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Dec 13, 2019
  3. green screens

Since I upgraded to windows 10. I'm getting green screens on IE, Firefox, Microsoft edge videos and on some movie apps. But not on Google Chrome.I have tried all the community step by step suggestive, instructions. But the problem is still there. I understood
    that Microsoft is having some issues with windows 10. Is that a fact? .

anthonypopwell, Dec 13, 2019
  4. I did a dumb thing, got the green screen

Green & Pink screen

Hi Darius,

To assist you with you concern, we suggest that you refer to the post of Swetha Sree on the thread link below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

I did a dumb thing, got the green screen

1. I did a dumb thing, got the green screen - Similar Threads - did dumb thing

2. Green swirly thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green swirly thing: What the heck is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-swirly-thing/7a84a3a6-2f6c-4520-8878-d967714c1448
  3. Green swirly thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green swirly thing: What the heck is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-swirly-thing/7a84a3a6-2f6c-4520-8878-d967714c1448
  4. I did something dumb - no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did something dumb - no sound: I did something dumb -- no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-something-dumb-no-sound/c9393f6a-fb0c-4c2c-8865-d3ac87d607fb
  5. I did something dumb - no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did something dumb - no sound: I did something dumb -- no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-something-dumb-no-sound/c9393f6a-fb0c-4c2c-8865-d3ac87d607fb
  6. Dumb windows update, reset thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb windows update, reset thing: So today when i signed in to my pc, it said some message when it was loading, and poof! shit was fucked. my wallpaper changed to the disgusting windows wallpaper, many of my files, folders and apps were gone. my apps were set to default and i can only open my photo type files...
  7. Just got a Green screen of death??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got a Green screen of death??: Seriously, since when changed Microsoft the color of the blue screen of death to green?? Got a problem with my graphicscard driver. submitted by /u/DangDan12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dhj8f1/just_got_a_green_screen_of_death/
  8. I did something dumb, please help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I did something dumb, please help?: I was trying to turn in Windows Dark mode it was not working and so I looked it up and found a guild, I did what it said and now I cannot log into my computer. It said perform a clean boot. To do this open system configuration, uncheck startup items then go into services...
  9. help i did something dumb

in Windows 10 Support
    help i did something dumb: i purchased a desktop with windows 10 on it recently i used it for a couple days soon i found out that the hard drive called windows was full so i copied everything to the one called data and erased the originals i found that it caused problems so i moved it back to windows...
  10. I Did a Silly Thing

in Windows 10 Support
    I Did a Silly Thing: I was too eager to try out Windows 10 and before doing my research and backing anything up I have now switched my main computer to 10. *Shock As I understand it there is no way of going back -- am I going to be okay? On a scale from 1 - 10 how likely am I to experience...