Windows 10: I did a fresh install. Every time I boot the laptop, a screen shows up with two options -...

Discus and support I did a fresh install. Every time I boot the laptop, a screen shows up with two options -... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fjordmewsky [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fjordmewsky, Sep 21, 2020.

1. I did a fresh install. Every time I boot the laptop, a screen shows up with two options -...

/u/fjordmewsky, Sep 21, 2020
  2. more123 Win User

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Sep 21, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 21, 2020
  4. I did a fresh install. Every time I boot the laptop, a screen shows up with two options -...

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

I did a fresh install. Every time I boot the laptop, a screen shows up with two options -...

1. I did a fresh install. Every time I boot the laptop, a screen shows up with two options -... - Similar Threads - did fresh install

2. debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up: it says "[1028/175139.863:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3"every time i boot my pc up, any tips?...
  3. debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up: it says "[1028/175139.863:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3"every time i boot my pc up, any tips?...
  4. debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will a fresh install speed up boot times?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a fresh install speed up boot times?: Hello, so a year ago I changed from a hard drive on my laptop to ssd. I cloned the hdd to ssd and used my laptop like normal. I noticed a big difference in system performance but not in boot times.My old hdd read and write speeds were around 40mb. My new ssd is 500/500....
  6. Will a fresh install speed up boot times?

Will a fresh install speed up boot times?: Hello, so a year ago I changed from a hard drive on my laptop to ssd. I cloned the hdd to ssd and used my laptop like normal. I noticed a big difference in system performance but not in boot times.My old hdd read and write speeds were around 40mb. My new ssd is 500/500....
  7. Will a fresh install speed up boot times?

8. Every other time I boot my pc up instead of showing the login screen it shows a black...

Every other time I boot my pc up instead of showing the login screen it shows a black...: Every once in a while when I turn on my PC it only shows a black screen with a mouse cursor. To fix this I usually have to hold down the power button and then just turn on my pc again but whenever I do this it has horrific loading times Something around 5-10mins....
  9. Every other time I boot my pc up instead of showing the login screen it shows a black...

Every other time I boot my pc up instead of showing the login screen it shows a black...: Every once in a while when I turn on my PC it only shows a black screen with a mouse cursor. To fix this I usually have to hold down the power button and then just turn on my pc again but whenever I do this it has horrific loading times Something around 5-10mins....
  10. Every time I boot up...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I boot up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drums-and-percussian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egd2ot/every_time_i_boot_up/