Windows 10: I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?

Discus and support I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SotoPrior, Jun 4, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?

I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,) however, somehow I still have to enforce things like performance mode, and other forced performance modes and Razor cortex-esc programs that boost FPS for games these days at low graphics modes, even though I'm running with a i7 and 16 GB of ram, I just don't get it. *Mad

:)

SotoPrior, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

My GPU is heavily under performing, please help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of GPU?

• Do you face this issue only with this game or all the game?
    I suggest you to use the same GPU in different computer and check if the issue persist.

As you mentioned that you have overclocked the CPU, Microsoft does not recommend overclocking the CPU.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2018
  3. How Should I Upgrade My PC For Gaming?

Hi,

I recently installed the Battlefield 1 beta and, after playing a few games, found that my PC was struggling quite severely, even on low settings. My FPS rarely rose above 30 and even dropped as low as 12 during high-intensity periods of the game. I figured
    that my suspicions of needing to upgrade my PC were indeed correct. However, I'm not exactly sure which parts of my PC I should upgrade first (if some even need upgrading, that is). Here are my PC specs:

CPU: AMD A8-5500 APU 3.20GHz (4 Cores, 12th Generation) with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

GPU: 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 280X

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A55M-DGS (CPU Socket)

RAM: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-24)

Storage:

- 21.5GB free of 223GB Crucial_ CT240M500SSD1 SATA SSD

- 911GB free of 1.81TB Western Digital WD External HDD 1021 USB Device (SATA)

Optical Drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB SATA cdrom Device

Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio

Note: None of these components have been overclocked. I have researched into overclocking, but considering that my PC does begin to radiate a fair bit of heat already, I'm not sure overclocking would be a great idea (feel free to suggest otherwise if I'm
    mistaken about overclocking). It might be worth mentioning that I haven't given my PC a good air-dusting in probably about a year now, so I don't know whether that could cause issues, although in my previous experiences, I've never really noticed any performance
    differences after air-dusting my PC.

My budget can be anywhere below or around £500.00 (at the moment).

Thanks in advance.

xAlphawolf, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?

1. I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU? - Similar Threads - did GPU upgrade

2. How can I overclock my cpu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I overclock my cpu?: I'm on hp victus 15.6, 8gb ram 3.3ghz up to 5.5ghz with overclock. Rtx 2050, and ryzen 5 7535 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-overclock-my-cpu/88b86d7c-4885-4093-9717-7fc593328c0e
  3. How can I overclock my cpu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I overclock my cpu?: I'm on hp victus 15.6, 8gb ram 3.3ghz up to 5.5ghz with overclock. Rtx 2050, and ryzen 5 7535 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-overclock-my-cpu/88b86d7c-4885-4093-9717-7fc593328c0e
  4. Is it safe to overclock your CPU or GPU on a gaming laptop? Will it damage the laptop? I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to overclock your CPU or GPU on a gaming laptop? Will it damage the laptop? I...: Some people say that it will do damage to your laptop, others say that it is safe. I use MSI Afterburner and QuickCPU. I only overclock it +50 for each....
  5. Is it safe to overclock your CPU or GPU on a gaming laptop? Will it damage the laptop? I...

Is it safe to overclock your CPU or GPU on a gaming laptop? Will it damage the laptop? I...: Some people say that it will do damage to your laptop, others say that it is safe. I use MSI Afterburner and QuickCPU. I only overclock it +50 for each....
  6. Overclocking CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overclocking CPU: HiI have major issue with my laptop RN. I wrote abotu problems with WHEA error, but now I think it's overcloacking :/ I didn't do anything and I'm not really sure how it happend. Can someone tell me if it is overclocking?...
  7. Should I buy a GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I buy a GPU?: I'm still struggling with forcing the i3 9100 to run at full powerthe computer technician near my house says that use extra GPURTX, GTX or others actually make it run at full turbo boost speed 4.2 GHzso, it that real and which should I buy?as cheap as possible...
  8. Should I buy a GPU?

Should I buy a GPU?: I'm still struggling with forcing the i3 9100 to run at full powerthe computer technician near my house says that use extra GPURTX, GTX or others actually make it run at full turbo boost speed 4.2 GHzso, it that real and which should I buy?as cheap as possible...
  9. I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference: I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,) however, somehow I still have to enforce things like performance mode, and other forced performance modes and Razor cortex-esc...
  10. Should I Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I Upgrade?: So, the question is, should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? I'm asking this as my CPU is only 2.1 GHz and wondering if it would run normally or even better in cases than W7. All comments appreciated! [img] The question now is, Can i upgrade my windows 10 32...