Windows 10: I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

Discus and support I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used the troubleshooter and it is saying that there might be a problem with driver for the wifi adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KatieMills1, Jul 7, 2018.

1. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

I used the troubleshooter and it is saying that there might be a problem with driver for the wifi adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

:)

KatieMills1, Jul 7, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 7, 2018
  4. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on
            desktop, click on View.

• Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

1. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone - Similar Threads - did Microsoft update

2. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  3. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  4. Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start...: Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start menu is gone! Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-updated-to-windows-11-and-now-my-taskbar/0c50c604-bbc2-4421-9f59-d0227370e101
  5. Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start...: Microsoft updated to Windows 11 and now my taskbar is gone, my icons are gone, my start menu is gone! Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-updated-to-windows-11-and-now-my-taskbar/0c50c604-bbc2-4421-9f59-d0227370e101
  6. Desktop Icons gone haywire

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons gone haywire: When I turned on my Windows 10 laptop the other morning, my desktop icons were spread out in 4 rows, with many of them missing. I have not installed or uninstalled anything on this computer for many weeks. I do a complete full shutdown nightly Fast Startup is turned off. The...
  7. I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!: I just did the update for Windows on my Lenovo Laptop. After it restarted a few times, I tried to log in and after putting my PIN or using thumbprint, I got a message that said "User profile could not be loaded". I finally go Windows to open using the F8 option. I found a...
  8. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"
  9. Folders/icons on desktop gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders/icons on desktop gone: I am on 1903 I will explain this as it played out I had battlenet on my computer but it was a blank icon..tried uninstalling it but it wouldn't let me. I could not get it to uninstall. Not sure why it was blank..i never uninstalled it before. I downloaded a fresh copy of...
  10. desktop icons gone after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons gone after update: I want to ask why after a update windows 10 home version 1709 build 16.299.785 my icons are gone from the desktop and 1 icon came back on my taskbar, and when I click that all does come back....this is so weird, can you help me to resolve this. thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop view gone

2. where is my desktop view gone

3. windows update removed my shortcuts

4. windows update removed desktop icons,
  5. windows update desktop personalisation gone,
  6. what happened to my icons after the update,
  7. windows update deleting icons,
  8. why are the names of my icons windows update 2020,
  9. udated and now desktop icns gone,
  10. windows update desktop icons gone,
  11. Why did the Windows Update take away my desktop,