Windows 10: i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

Discus and support i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/probablybex [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/probablybex, Feb 23, 2021.

1. i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

/u/probablybex, Feb 23, 2021

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Feb 23, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 23, 2021
  4. mikl74 Win User

i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

how to reset/change laptop password

what steps are needed for changing/resetting my laptop password.

mikl74, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

1. i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for... - Similar Threads - did reset laptop

2. My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed: Wi-Fi Icon has changed to a monitor with a little square in the upper left hand corner...What's going on?? How do I change this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-did-an-update-and-now-my-wi-fi-icon/91534927-7759-4350-a6df-ca42782d69bd
  3. i was stupid and now my laptop has a bluescreen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i was stupid and now my laptop has a bluescreen: i was very sleepy and when i was about to shutdown my laptop i accidentally clicked restart and when it was booting up again i stupidly said no im not waiting again and pressed the power button instead i went to sleep and now it starts up by telling me to choose my keyboard...
  4. Windows keeps changing my personalized icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps changing my personalized icons: Hi, I personalized some icons associated to multimedia file extensions (movies, music and pictures), but the problem is Windows randomly (basically once every two months) cancel these icon associations to force its own default icons. I don't even know how it can happen since...
  5. I want to reset my laptop with 'keep my files' option . Will I lose my documents that I...

I want to reset my laptop with 'keep my files' option . Will I lose my documents that I...: I want to reset my laptop with 'keep my files' option . Will I lose my documents that I have in C drive ? Please someone answer as I want to reset it as soon as possible...
  6. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password: So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the password submitted by /u/Ojash5 [link] [comments]...
  7. Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files"

Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files": Recently did a reset on my laptop and I chose the keep my files option. Sadly, I cannot find my files anywhere. Even in the windows.old folder, it isn't there. I tried EaseUS to recover but most are unreadable....
  8. My settings changed after I reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My settings changed after I reset my laptop?: so I reset my laptop a couple of months ago and realized a lot of my settings have changed. I used to be able to have two-finger scrolling on my mouse pad, but now it doesn't work, and I have looked at countless forums and haven't found a solution yet. I also used to have the...
  9. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?: My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have had this laptop for a year and I don't want to make a new account with my email because there is way to much stuff on this...
  10. How do I change my personal login password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change my personal login password?: I know this has been ask multiply times but how do I change my login password for my computer? (I am not changing my MS password!!!!, which is the only option "My Info".) Could MS please change this back to Windows 7 style where it is so easy....