Windows 10: i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

Discus and support i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/probablybex [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/probablybex, Feb 23, 2021.

1. i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

/u/probablybex, Feb 23, 2021

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Feb 23, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 23, 2021
  4. mikl74 Win User

i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

how to reset/change laptop password

what steps are needed for changing/resetting my laptop password.

mikl74, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for...

1. i did a reset of my laptop, keeping my personal files, and now the password has changed for... - Similar Threads - did reset laptop

2. Did a network reset and now I think it has corrupted my realtek driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did a network reset and now I think it has corrupted my realtek driver: Been stuck on this all night, I performed a windows network reset just for a refresh and maybe hopes of more speed but after rebooting my computer I come to find that the usb wireless adapter I have does not have the same range it once did at all. I can’t even see my network...
  3. Did a network reset and now I think it has corrupted my realtek driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did a network reset and now I think it has corrupted my realtek driver: Been stuck on this all night, I performed a windows network reset just for a refresh and maybe hopes of more speed but after rebooting my computer I come to find that the usb wireless adapter I have does not have the same range it once did at all. I can’t even see my network...
  4. Did a network reset and now I think it has corrupted my realtek driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 1 of my laptops running Windows 11, told me to reset password, I did & now it won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 of my laptops running Windows 11, told me to reset password, I did & now it won't...: 1 of my laptops running Windows 11, told me to reset password, I did & now it won't recognize it or previous hotmail/microsoft password..Please,Help. I have another Windows 11 Laptop I'm on now & no problem, I can use a Hello Pin to get into it & when I try to setup on other...
  6. 1 of my laptops running Windows 11, told me to reset password, I did & now it won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 of my laptops running Windows 11, told me to reset password, I did & now it won't...: 1 of my laptops running Windows 11, told me to reset password, I did & now it won't recognize it or previous hotmail/microsoft password..Please,Help. I have another Windows 11 Laptop I'm on now & no problem, I can use a Hello Pin to get into it & when I try to setup on other...
  7. If i did a reset of my windows 10, but did the option to keep the files, can i recover it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i did a reset of my windows 10, but did the option to keep the files, can i recover it.: Hi, i was wondering if there was anyway to restore the files/apps and stuff deleted in the reset windows.the windows.old file seems to be a bit empty...
  8. How to reset the system and keep my personal files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset the system and keep my personal files?: how will i reset my system and keep my files including pictures ,video, games,documents,softwere,programs or saved files etc submitted by /u/bigbellu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5kp1z/how_to_reset_the_system_and_keep_my_personal_files/
  9. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password: So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the password submitted by /u/Ojash5 [link] [comments]...
  10. Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files": Recently did a reset on my laptop and I chose the keep my files option. Sadly, I cannot find my files anywhere. Even in the windows.old folder, it isn't there. I tried EaseUS to recover but most are unreadable....