Windows 10: I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working

Discus and support I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My surface pro has been super slow lately so I did a factory reset and now I can’t access anything. When I press the start button or the search bar it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/purplepanda87, Feb 6, 2020.

1. I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working

My surface pro has been super slow lately so I did a factory reset and now I can’t access anything. When I press the start button or the search bar it loads for a second and then stops doing anything. If I try to run Microsoft Edge the window pops up for a second and then crashes.

How can I fix this? I really need my laptop for school, I use it for everything.

submitted by /u/purplepanda87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/purplepanda87, Feb 6, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Feb 6, 2020
  4. I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working

1. I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working - Similar Threads - did reset taskbar

2. Factory reset isn’t working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset isn’t working.: Every time I try to factory reset my Hp stream laptop it says it needs more freed up space to reset. I have deleted everything except the stuff I cannot delete. I have tried everything I can think of and the answer on the other question like this did not help....
  3. Factory reset isn’t working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset isn’t working.: Every time I try to factory reset my Hp stream laptop it says it needs more freed up space to reset. I have deleted everything except the stuff I cannot delete. I have tried everything I can think of and the answer on the other question like this did not help....
  4. Factory reset isn’t working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a system reset and now my screen is blank: My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen is black and caps lock is blinking ...it worked b4 this idk what is causing this or how to fix it ...HP laptop...windows 10...
  6. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did a system reset and now my screen is blank: My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen is black and caps lock is blinking ...it worked b4 this idk what is causing this or how to fix it ...HP laptop...windows 10...
  7. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My taskbar isn’t working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My taskbar isn’t working: Whenever I click on it, it says explorer.exe class not registered. Can anyone help submitted by /u/YaBoyoKris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mao32x/my_taskbar_isnt_working/
  9. did reset windows 10 now my favorites info disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    did reset windows 10 now my favorites info disappeared: how to retrieve favorites file after doing reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-reset-windows-10-now-my-favorites-info/d3e84faa-6d32-4d30-9a81-f994244ace54
  10. I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working: No it isn’t my router. It works on every other device. It wants to connect to an Ethranet cable. As seen in the image attached. I’ve scanned for hardware changes in the device manager. I’ve used cmd prompt in adminitrator mode and normal. I’ve only had this Laptop for a year....