Windows 10: I Did a Silly Thing

Discus and support I Did a Silly Thing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Macrium and Acronis et al, are also choices but only paid version of Macrium will allow image restore from boot. f14tomcat I am not really sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Caleb, Feb 8, 2015.

1. groze Win User

I Did a Silly Thing

f14tomcat
    I am not really sure what you meant by that. I think you might of meant from Microsoft Windows 10 boot menu. I have restored from backup using a usb flash drive boot disk created by Macrium and my images is saved to a usb hard drive. I have restored several times without any issues. This is the free version.

groze, Feb 11, 2015
  2. badrobot Win User

@f14tomcat , Nope. You need to create a bootable USB with the FREE Macrium Edition. You can re-image your PC outside the Windows environment. But of course only images created with Macrium will work.
    I created an ISO for it if you are interested. You can get it from my NAS here : http://.no-ip.org:8084/share.cgi?ssid=0B2uBgy
    Just use Rufus to create a bootable USB. My link will expire in 4 days. *Smile
    @Caleb , don't rely too much on commercial cloud storage. Invest on at least 1TB USB external hard drive.
    As for your Win 10 upgrade, as long as you don't do any hardware upgrade or changes, you should be good. Just keep everything simple for now.

badrobot, Feb 11, 2015
  3. Winuser Win User
    The paid version of Macrium Reflect gives you the option to recovery from the Windows boot menu without using a bootable USB.

Winuser, Feb 11, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

I Did a Silly Thing

I see. But what if Windows won't boot up at all? Also good to have the ability to recover images outside of Windows.
    Thanks for clarification.

badrobot, Feb 11, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I see. But what if Windows won't boot up at all? Also good to have the ability to recover images outside of Windows.
    Thanks for clarification. I'm ready with both options. If I can't get to the Windows start menu I'll grab my USB boot drive. Actually I have 2 bootable flash drives just in case.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I Did a Silly Thing

1. I Did a Silly Thing - Similar Threads - Did Silly Thing

2. Probably a silly question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probably a silly question: So, I actually really like the landscape shots that are used for the login screen, and the bits of information like where the picture was taken. Is there any app, or way have the same thing show on my background after logging in? submitted by /u/KitKurogami93 [link]...
  3. I did a thing Part Deux...Reinstall nonewithstanding!

I did a thing Part Deux...Reinstall nonewithstanding!: Hey Folks, A couple of weeks back, I posted about running Windows 10 after a motherboard & CPU swap. There was an instability (because I didn't reinstall W10) that caused the PC to instantly reboot when trying to play video from Netflix or Amazon. Well I did the right thing...
  4. did i do the right thing?

did i do the right thing?: I bought a new bluetooth keybord (Anne Pro 2) but my windows 10 home didn't support bluetooth because i was using some active windows for free toll and update was like last in 2019 so i bought windows 10 pro but it didn't want to active, so i am currently doing hard reset on...
  5. Silly question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly question: I am used to a MAC - so why when I want to start a new folder, does one pop up inside of the one I am already using? - it causes a lot of confusion and I have lost a few files already - I file photos on a monthly basis and things are in such disorder, it's not funny. I feel...
  6. I did a dumb thing, got the green screen

I did a dumb thing, got the green screen: Hey there! So long story short, i ended up accidently ending a task in the task manager on my laptop (Windows10) and basically shut down the whole 'user friendly' thing. Dont remember what it was called, i think the Windows Manager maybe? I can still sign in (i turned my...
  7. Silly Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly Question: I do not see how after for example measure a distance, getting back to how you drag the map around on the screen \Thanks for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silly-question/762362be-9da6-4d1c-829c-9ebd51db9887
  8. Silly question I know - but

in Windows 10 Support
    Silly question I know - but: Can anybody get Windows 10 Backup & Restore to work, I mean actually restore an image back to their HDD? 43526
  9. This might be silly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might be silly: Ok so I'm trying to make some modifications to windows, it requires me to reinstall windows completely about 10 times a day or so. I"M SICK OF IT... I really want to have my install media on an SSD, in a second partition. Is this possible(Please don't say "well don't modify...
  10. These could be a silly questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These could be a silly questions: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a couple of spare drives already installed in my desktop. I have had a quick look for the answer to my questions. 1, What is the easiest way to install Windows 10, when it becomes available, onto a spare drive? 2, Is USB more favourable over...