Windows 10: I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

Discus and support I did a system reset and now my screen is blank in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoMunn1987, Jun 8, 2023.

1. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen is black and caps lock is blinking ...it worked b4 this idk what is causing this or how to fix it ...HP laptop...windows 10

:)

JoMunn1987, Jun 8, 2023

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 8, 2023
  4. zbook Win User

I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

zbook, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

1. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank - Similar Threads - did system reset

2. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  3. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  4. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I uninstalled Nividia and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Nividia and now my screen is blank: I uninstalled Nividia after that came out a message to restart my computer i clicked now my screen is blank like it's not working anymore i don't know what to do...
  6. I uninstalled Nividia and now my screen is blank

I uninstalled Nividia and now my screen is blank: I uninstalled Nividia after that came out a message to restart my computer i clicked now my screen is blank like it's not working anymore i don't know what to do...
  7. I uninstalled Nividia and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

I did a system reset and now my screen is blank: My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen is black and caps lock is blinking ...it worked b4 this idk what is causing this or how to fix it ...HP laptop...windows 10...
  9. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I did a system reset and now my screen is blank: My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen is black and caps lock is blinking ...it worked b4 this idk what is causing this or how to fix it ...HP laptop...windows 10...
  10. reset now blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset now blank screen: i reset my pc now the i get a black screen. thanks when you reset ease of access turns of the background under (make computer easier to read),make sure remove background images is box is clear 59252