Windows 10: I did a system restore but after reboot broken again

Discus and support I did a system restore but after reboot broken again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says, my PC "broke" so i did a system restore and it worked again. When i rebooted, my PC is broken again. And have to do a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ITheSlenderMan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. I did a system restore but after reboot broken again

As the title says, my PC "broke" so i did a system restore and it worked again. When i rebooted, my PC is broken again. And have to do a system restore... again. I only have 2 restore points, one which when finished starts installation of Visual Studio, the other does the same. Is Visual Studio causing this issue? Thanks.

:)

ITheSlenderMan, Nov 25, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Rebooting and requires a system restore

Hi John,

The issue could be due to an automatic update which happened on the device but got stuck due to a broken or corrupted component which has been downloaded during the update. To provide you with more appropriate troubleshooting, please provide
    the following information:

• When did the issue started to occur?
    • Have you done any recent changes on the device?
    • Are there any error messages or error codes along with the notification that there is a problem with your PC?

As initial troubleshooting, we suggest pushing through the system restore since it’ll just send you back to the previous build. Afterwards, we encourage
    checking for updates for your Windows 10 PC and installing it.

Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you have any updates.

Arthur Rui, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

I did a system restore but after reboot broken again

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

I did a system restore but after reboot broken again

1. I did a system restore but after reboot broken again - Similar Threads - did system restore

2. Windows 11 System Restore is broken!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Restore is broken!: I tried to restore sytem to the earlier point in time using W11 System Restore, as the latest updates form Microsoft cause my intel I9 12gen cpu on My MSI GE76 to lock its self to the slowest possible Speed Step. And... System Restore leave all Ms Store apps unregistered,...
  3. System Restore did not complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore did not complete: error message says it could not access a file. Error 0x80070005. What is that and how do i fix it. Hopefully an automatic fix by Windows 10 itself? Thank You...
  4. System Restore did not complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not complete: error message says it could not access a file. Error 0x80070005. What is that and how do i fix it. Hopefully an automatic fix by Windows 10 itself? Thank You...
  5. System Restore did not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System Restore did not finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore did not finish: After a recent windows update my shared printer stopped working. I went to go back to the previous restore point and it never finished after 3 hours. Looked online and saw this is a common problem but now system is unusable.Tried Reset my PC but has for my bitlocker ID to...
  7. System Restore did not finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not finish: After a recent windows update my shared printer stopped working. I went to go back to the previous restore point and it never finished after 3 hours. Looked online and saw this is a common problem but now system is unusable.Tried Reset my PC but has for my bitlocker ID to...
  8. System Restore did not finish

9. Error message on startup after I did a system restore.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Error message on startup after I did a system restore.: [ATTACH] The error message pops up every time I boot the device. It started following a system restore I did to solve a WiFi related issue, the WiFi issue seems to be solved but it came with this one. Any help?...
  10. System Restore is a totally BROKEN option

System Restore is a totally BROKEN option: Hi, after my notebook automatically gave me this month's disastrous updates and everything got messed up i decided to use the 'System Restore' point that was created just before the update. (the option to return to previous version of win10 had already passed after 12h, or...