Windows 10: I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid

Discus and support I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid. I need a new product key, someone has hacked my product key key. This is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RealIcy Taurus, Nov 3, 2019.

1. I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid

Hello,
    I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid.
    I need a new product key, someone has hacked my product key key. This is not normal, I cannot afford buying a new product key when I do system reset to clean my pc of excess files.

:)

RealIcy Taurus, Nov 3, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid

1. I did a systemreset and now my windows 10 key became invalid - Similar Threads - did systemreset key

2. Did I invalidate my copy of window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I invalidate my copy of window 10?: I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 on my old computer to give to a friend. I just discovered that I used the wrong installation disc. I had another copy of windows 10 for this. I just discovered that I used the disc for the installation on my computer. It's windows...
  3. Did I invalidate my copy of window 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did I invalidate my copy of window 10?: I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 on my old computer to give to a friend. I just discovered that I used the wrong installation disc. I had another copy of windows 10 for this. I just discovered that I used the disc for the installation on my computer. It's windows...
  4. Did I invalidate my copy of window 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is my Windows 10 product key invalid?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is my Windows 10 product key invalid?: Back in April of 2020 I bought a new retail copy of Windows 10 home from Newegg.com on a flash drive. I just installed it for the first time on a new PC that I just put together myself. The computer runs fine with not issues or errors. The Windows program seemed to install...
  6. Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid: I'm in panic mode right now. I have a 2TB HDD that I moved from my old PC. It had 2 partitions, one for OS (Win10) and one for my stuff. New system's OS (also Win10) is on SSD so I wanted to merge the 2 partitions on my HDD to get some of that sweet extra space. Turns out...
  7. Windows Key is invalid?

Windows Key is invalid?: Some time back I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I was planning on assembling a new, faster pc . Well, I finally got around to assembling the new box and the validation routine is telling me another pc has that key. What do I do now? Who can I call? Ralph...
  8. Invalid Key

Invalid Key: I got a call saying my key is invalid and will be disabled in 48 hrs and my IP is also compromised? I sure it’s a scam but how can I tell? I bought Windows 8 but was updated to 10....
  9. Windows 10 Key suddenly invalid

Windows 10 Key suddenly invalid: Hey, after upgrading my Pc Parts yesterday,i just got the Windows Activation msg. If i want to activate my Windows with the same Key i get the Error code 0xc004c003. After i click the Button for troubleshooting i get the msg that my key is Invalid. I've installed the...
  10. I accidentally put an invalid Windows 10 Education key on my laptop and now I can’t undo...

I accidentally put an invalid Windows 10 Education key on my laptop and now I can’t undo...: My new laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home, but I tried adding Windows 10 Education without realising that I have already used the code for another device. Now my laptop keeps saying that Windows 10 Education is not activated, which is limiting everything that I can...