Windows 10: i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10

Discus and support i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did a update today 9/23 When I came back all of my icons is off my desk top. Where are they? also my taskbar keep leaving my desktop. help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MargaretThomas3, Sep 24, 2018.

1. i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10

I did a update today 9/23 When I came back all of my icons is off my desk top. Where are they? also my taskbar keep leaving my desktop. help

:)

MargaretThomas3, Sep 24, 2018

2. Cannot put icons on the left side of my desktop

Hi Charlie,

You should be able to arrange your desktop icons however you want. Since you want them all aligned on the left side of your desktop screen, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, check Align icons to grid. Your icons should now be aligned on the left side of the screen.

Let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 24, 2018
  3. My Desktop Icons shift to the left edge on a weekly basis

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to get more information regarding the issue that you re facing.

Does that mean that you customize the icons on the desktop and it will auto arrange to the left side of the desktop?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uncheck the option
    Align icons to the Grid
    option. To do so,

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to the Grid option.
    Hope the information helps if the issue still persists, reply with the more information regarding the issue that you are facing. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 24, 2018
  4. i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10

1. i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10 - Similar Threads - did update today

2. Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23: I have just signed and scanned a document I need to return urgently.I can't find it in my pcHELP!Anna Cottrell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-in-my-pc-is-the-scan-i-did-today-5523/8f354e37-5a33-4beb-96c0-1ea41be82542
  3. Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23: I have just signed and scanned a document I need to return urgently.I can't find it in my pcHELP!Anna Cottrell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-in-my-pc-is-the-scan-i-did-today-5523/8f354e37-5a33-4beb-96c0-1ea41be82542
  4. Where did my icons go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my icons go?: Alright, So yesterday all of my icons had a logo or something, I woke up today and they're all gone exepct for a frew, They look like a bunch of papers., First image is pre-change and second image is post change. i did switch monitors[IMG][ATTACH]...
  5. Where did my icons go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my icons go?: [ATTACH] I was moving my files to another place and when I accidentally clicked cancel at 99%..the icons don't show up for them but they function fine. Is there a fix? The other EXE files look like this too submitted by /u/markus378 [link] [comments]...
  6. My desktop icons have this weird blank icon on their left corner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop icons have this weird blank icon on their left corner: [ATTACH] I moved my desktop location from C to D, also the roaming folder and then i noticed these icons at the corner of my other icons, how do i fix this i need help please...
  7. Where did my battery icon go?

Where did my battery icon go?: For the last two weeks, the little battery icon on my taskbar has been gone. I waited until I updated my computer to see if it was fixed in the new version. Unfortunately it was not. I looked up how to fix it and everything said to just turn it on in the taskbar settings,...
  8. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone: I used the troubleshooter and it is saying that there might be a problem with driver for the wifi adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!...
  9. where did my desktop documents go?

where did my desktop documents go?: in the recent update i lost all the documents on my desktop. only the apps survived. where are my important documents? i can't find them with a file search. did the recent update just destroy my desktop documents? * Moved from Insider...
  10. Where did my Desktop shortcuts go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did my Desktop shortcuts go?: I opted to hide the desktop icons, via a right-click on the desktop but now I can't un-hide them - right-clicking on the desktop has no effect at all..!!? (???) duh.. *Redface 24678