Windows 10: I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

Discus and support I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did an update to the pc windows 10 versio 22H2...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps gone.. any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tommy Newsom, Nov 23, 2022.

1. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

I did an update to the pc windows 10 versio 22H2...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps gone.. any ideas?

:)

Tommy Newsom, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Kennnnny Win User

Windows update in Jan 2019. Lost Docs and Pics

Hello

Can't quite remember when but some days ago my PC updated. When I logged in next day the wallpaper had changed, my IE Favourites had gone missing, the contents of My Documents and 14 years of family photos were also missing. It appears there had been some
    kind of update. Having Googled the issue I found a solution which pointed to the missing items being held in the C Drive Users. I found My Docs copied them to a memory stick for safety and then copied them to My Docs in the normal location to the left of the
    screen. So far so good. I also moved the pics back to their usual place on the left. I had planned to copy the pics to a portable hard drive but when I went in a couple of days ago, My Docs had again vanished from the left as had the pics. And worse still
    when I went to the C Drive Users they were empty too. All I am left with is some content on My Videos.

Luckily as I said I have My Docs on a memory stick. I have all the pics to early 2014 copied on DVD's. And quite a lot of pics since then remain on individual SD cards. But undoubtedly others will be missing.

I am very unhappy that these items have gone AWOL without any warning or chance to backup. I am also concerned that having moved them back, they have since vanished again. This leaves me with no confidence I can ever trust my PC again. And on another note,
    when I try to sign in to lotto I get a 'Do you want to leave the page' box 'null' box which prevents me from signing in now.

Can anyone out there tell me what is going on and how I can retrieve the missing files? Thanks.

Kennnnny, Nov 23, 2022
  3. DJ Steve Win User
    Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem

Hi Guys I seem to have a problem trying to save file to my default Docs, vid and Pics folder on my C drive. I have attached a pic of what it says.

I have changed the permissions to let me do this or am I looking in the wrong place? If I save the files to the desktop however and then move to the relevant folder it works fine *Confused

Can anybody please help?

TIA

I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps... [​IMG]

I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps... [​IMG]

DJ Steve, Nov 23, 2022
  4. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

Will I lose my saved Desktop files when I upgrade to 10?

I don't have any pics on here - what I don't want to get gone - are files for my class reunion mailing list and other important docs I have saved on my desktop as well as google sheets -

NancyTaylor88, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

1. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps... - Similar Threads - did update docs

2. Docs&Pics in onedrive wont relocate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docs&Pics in onedrive wont relocate.: There are folders of the same name that I've downloaded data to from onedrive. I've unlinked OneDrive, diddled with ownership, and made various changes to security settings and get the same error. Help!...
  3. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...: I did an update to the pc windows 10 versio 22H2...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps gone.. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-an-update-to-the-pcall-docs-pics-etc-are/e9467535-63bd-4238-82f3-f8ab795f2e41
  4. I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I did an update to the pc...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps...: I did an update to the pc windows 10 versio 22H2...all docs, pics, etc are gone...desktop has changed...apps gone.. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-an-update-to-the-pcall-docs-pics-etc-are/e9467535-63bd-4238-82f3-f8ab795f2e41
  5. Cannot update and desktop apps have all gone literally overnight!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot update and desktop apps have all gone literally overnight!: All my desktop apps/icons have disappeared; when I attempt to go into an app from task bar it vanishes; when I attempt to go into an app from start it says "you need a new app to go into this windows defender link"; I cannot update windows or turn on firewall/security...
  6. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"
  7. Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.: I am running Windows 10. This is now the second time this has happened. I have tried every thing I can think of, as well as all solutions I have found online. I have made sure files and folders are not hidden, done auto-arrange, refreshed, restarted, as well as several...
  8. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone: I used the troubleshooter and it is saying that there might be a problem with driver for the wifi adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!...
  9. Did "clean" install, but seeing old docs I thought were gone.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did "clean" install, but seeing old docs I thought were gone.: I just completed a clean install from the excellent tutorial here. I successfully did all the steps, including having all disk space "unallocated" and I fully expected that everything was wiped out. I did the install from a MCT on a USB. All went fine. Now, I'm splashing...
  10. default destination for prog's /apps /pics etc

in Windows 10 Support
    default destination for prog's /apps /pics etc: Hi , I have a laptop with a 30GB SSD and a 500GB spinning HDD . I want windows on the SSD but it ALWAYS runs out of space after a few weeks . Can anyone guide me through a way to have new programs /apps /photos/downloads /.docs etc etc install on the big drive ( d:/ )...