Windows 10: I did something stupid

Discus and support I did something stupid in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to add a password to any admin prompt by copying a text from the Internet. I thought that all I had to do was to change the "add" to "delete"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PanemPlayz, Sep 21, 2020.

1. I did something stupid

I tried to add a password to any admin prompt by copying a text from the Internet. I thought that all I had to do was to change the "add" to "delete" and it would be gone. I tried many other words like rm, remove, usw.

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableFullTrustStartupTasks" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableInstallerDetection" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableLUA" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableSecureUIAPaths" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableUwpStartupTasks" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableUIADesktopToggle" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableVirtualization" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "FilterAdministratorToken" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "PromptOnSecureDesktop" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

Could anyone tell me how I am able to remove it (It is on a private computer, I just wanted to try it)

submitted by /u/PanemPlayz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PanemPlayz, Sep 21, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

im old and stupid

You might be old, but stupid? I see no evidence for that.

Run your app with Administrator permissions:

• right-click on the app
    • select 'Run as administrator'
    • enter the password for an Administrator account when prompted.

BulldogXX, Sep 21, 2020
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Sep 21, 2020
  4. I did something stupid

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

I did something stupid

1. I did something stupid - Similar Threads - did something stupid

2. I did something dumb - no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did something dumb - no sound: I did something dumb -- no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-something-dumb-no-sound/c9393f6a-fb0c-4c2c-8865-d3ac87d607fb
  3. I did something dumb - no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did something dumb - no sound: I did something dumb -- no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-something-dumb-no-sound/c9393f6a-fb0c-4c2c-8865-d3ac87d607fb
  4. Before I reinstall windows or do something stupid, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Before I reinstall windows or do something stupid, please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sum-cajun-seasoning [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lazaj4/before_i_reinstall_windows_or_do_something_stupid/
  5. I did something unimaginably stupid and installed sketchy software on my PC. Defender...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I did something unimaginably stupid and installed sketchy software on my PC. Defender...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vvix0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ix3a09/i_did_something_unimaginably_stupid_and_installed/
  6. I Reset my PC = Stupid Stupid Stupid !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Reset my PC = Stupid Stupid Stupid !: My computer was running slow. Acting up. So I reset my PC. Seemed friendly enough. It should be called "Wipe out Everything" and welcome to Edge. Is there anyway to undo this and get all of my stuff back? Apps removed while resetting your PC App namePublisherVersion Adobe...
  7. Did I lose you due to my stupidity this morning?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Did I lose you due to my stupidity this morning?: Back on track for your answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-i-lose-you-due-to-my-stupidity-this-morning/2f13bf53-0ccb-432c-b3e1-6aa7d483e9f5"
  8. I did something dumb, please help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I did something dumb, please help?: I was trying to turn in Windows Dark mode it was not working and so I looked it up and found a guild, I did what it said and now I cannot log into my computer. It said perform a clean boot. To do this open system configuration, uncheck startup items then go into services...
  9. help i did something dumb

in Windows 10 Support
    help i did something dumb: i purchased a desktop with windows 10 on it recently i used it for a couple days soon i found out that the hard drive called windows was full so i copied everything to the one called data and erased the originals i found that it caused problems so i moved it back to windows...
  10. I did something really stupid with the Documents shortcut. need help

in Windows 10 Support
    I did something really stupid with the Documents shortcut. need help: Both of my PCs got hacked awhile back, and I'm finally past that with my Desktop, Laptop is next, have formatted my drives, done clean install on Windows 10 Pro... Then I made a big boo-boo. I feel silly even posting to the forum, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enableuwpstartuptasks

2. enablefulltruststartuptasks