Windows 10: I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!!

Discus and support I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a nitrus acer running windows 10. Last year I broke the screen, so I have been using monitors to be able to use the laptop. Yesterday,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chel-A-See, Aug 12, 2020.

1. I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!!

So I have a nitrus acer running windows 10. Last year I broke the screen, so I have been using monitors to be able to use the laptop.

Yesterday, for whatever stupid reason, I deleted the graphics driver, and now I have no way of viewing anything on the laptop. All i can see is black screens

I have tried the follow:

• plugging into a variety of monitors using
      • hdmi
      • vga
      • using a different laptop used the same cords to plug into a monitor to ensure cords and cables were not faulty
    • fn + f to turn on the internal display.
    • windows + p
      • twice and enter
      • thrice and enter
      • four times and enter
    • turn on computer and on first sign of start up hold power button for 10 seconds, then turn on computer again and hold power button for 10 seconds at first sign of turning on to put it into safe mode.
    • fn and f1 - f12 when computer was on
    • yelling at it and giving it the finger
    • ignoring the laptop and sneaking up on it to see if it was just messing with me.

the screen does blink on when it first turns on, and there is a corner of the screen that is not cracked and broken, so if I could get it to work, I may be able to navigate with the small visible area.

Today when I push the caps lock key or num lock key, it does make the notification noise, and yesterday it did not, so that was pretty exciting at first.

I am ready, willing and able to fix this thing, so in advance, I thank all who take the time to help me right this stupid error I have made.

:)

Chel-A-See, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer the article on
    Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapters.
    3. Right click on the Display driver and select
      Disable device.
    4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapters.
    3. Right click on the Display driver and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 12, 2020
  3. DW7EZV Win User
    Broken display when display driver installed

Hi All,

Got a problem with my display. Suddenly it displays like this

I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!! [​IMG]

I reinstall the OS (tried W7 and W10 new and old versions) and installed display driver but still the display is broken.

I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!! [​IMG]

the display is ok when display driver is not installed but the resolution is small and i cant play games even cs1.6

please kindly help me. Thank you!

Best regards,

• see attachment
    • pc specs below

DW7EZV, Aug 12, 2020
  4. I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!!

Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!!

1. I disabled my graphics driver, AND my acer screen was broken, so now I have no displays!!! - Similar Threads - disabled graphics driver

2. I disabled my display driver and now screen is black and I can’t do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I disabled my display driver and now screen is black and I can’t do anything: I went into settings on Windows 10, and meant to disable one of the video drivers because of a possible conflict with some other software, and I accidentally disabled windows video driver. I think that’s what it’s called and immediately the screen went black. No amount of...
  3. I disabled my display driver and now screen is black and I can’t do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled my display driver and now screen is black and I can’t do anything: I went into settings on Windows 10, and meant to disable one of the video drivers because of a possible conflict with some other software, and I accidentally disabled windows video driver. I think that’s what it’s called and immediately the screen went black. No amount of...
  4. I disabled my display driver and now screen is black and I can’t do anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I accidently uninstalled my graphic driver from my acer nitro 5 laptop and the screen is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently uninstalled my graphic driver from my acer nitro 5 laptop and the screen is broken: I accidently uninstalled my graphic driver from my acer nitro 5 laptop. My laptop screen is broken and have it connected to a moniter so i can see the display but after i unnistalled the monier cannot connect due to no driver....
  6. I accidently uninstalled my graphic driver from my acer nitro 5 laptop and the screen is broken

I accidently uninstalled my graphic driver from my acer nitro 5 laptop and the screen is broken: I accidently uninstalled my graphic driver from my acer nitro 5 laptop. My laptop screen is broken and have it connected to a moniter so i can see the display but after i unnistalled the monier cannot connect due to no driver....
  7. I connected my broken screen PC to my TV....so I made the TV as the main display and I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I connected my broken screen PC to my TV....so I made the TV as the main display and I...: I connected my broken screen PC to my TV....so I made the TV as the main display and I switched on a button below graphics settings....I don't remember what I clicked and I didn't see anything on my TV screen and my laptop is broken.....any help Please??help me...
  8. I connected my broken screen PC to my TV....so I made the TV as the main display and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I connected my broken screen PC to my TV....so I made the TV as the main display and I...: I connected my broken screen PC to my TV....so I made the TV as the main display and I switched on a button below graphics settings....I don't remember what I clicked and I didn't see anything on my TV screen and my laptop is broken.....any help Please??help me...
  9. I connected my broken screen PC to my TV....so I made the TV as the main display and I...

10. Disabled display driver now no signal to screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled display driver now no signal to screen.: I mistakenly disabled display driver in Windows 10 and now only have blank screen. I cannot access safe mode and have removed and replaced the CMOS battery. How can I access driver settings to reset driver?...