Windows 10: I disabled my integrated graphics card

Discus and support I disabled my integrated graphics card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 graphics cards, Intel HD 630 and a RTX 2080 super. I couldnt get nvidia control panel to open so I kept trying things to try and fix it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TaylorWitherspoon, Sep 8, 2020.

1. I disabled my integrated graphics card

I have 2 graphics cards, Intel HD 630 and a RTX 2080 super. I couldnt get nvidia control panel to open so I kept trying things to try and fix it and I had disabled my Intel hd 60 Integrated graphics card through device manager. My screen then went black and now Ive tried restarting and yet nothing appears to happen. Ive tried opening BIOS yet it doesnt seem to work.

Please help me

:)

TaylorWitherspoon, Sep 8, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Austin D Win User

I disabled my integrated graphics card

MSI Laptop monitor uses integrated graphics vice NVIDIA card

I have an MSI laptop with a 120hz-capable monitor and a NVIDIA GTX 1060. Unfortunately, the monitor is using the integrated graphics card for the display instead of the NVIDIA card. How do I force it to use the NVIDIA card for the display instead of the integrated graphics card?

Issues I'm seeing: This force-limits my refresh rate to 60hz and causes noticeable visual performance issues in everyday applications on Windows (e.g., the screen lags when dragging an Excel 2016 window across the screen)

Observations: I dual-booted into Ubuntu and the screen refresh rate is now 120hz. So, since it works on Ubuntu but not on Windows (by default), I know this should be solvable at the O/S-level.

Similar questions that I've reviewed/attempted:

1. I have a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card as well as an integrated Intel HD graphics card
    2. Integrated graphics card being used over NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M in Toshiba laptop?
    3. Can I force Steam to use my Nvidia GPU instead of the integrated Intel card?
    4. No way my laptop will use nVidia chip instead of integrated graphics

Austin D, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

I disabled my integrated graphics card

1. I disabled my integrated graphics card - Similar Threads - disabled integrated graphics

2. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  3. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  4. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used: I have been having a problem with NVIDIA Control Panel. When I go in the Manage 3d Settings Menu, it prevents me from choosing my Preferred Graphics Processer. This has made it difficult to play games due to the integrated graphics card being used. Can somebody help me my...
  6. My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used

My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used: I have been having a problem with NVIDIA Control Panel. When I go in the Manage 3d Settings Menu, it prevents me from choosing my Preferred Graphics Processer. This has made it difficult to play games due to the integrated graphics card being used. Can somebody help me my...
  7. Issue with integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  8. Issue with integrated graphics card

Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  9. How do I select nvidia graphics card instead of amd integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I select nvidia graphics card instead of amd integrated graphics card: when i went to display settings to set 144hz refresh rate, it only let me choose from two options; 60hz, 40hz. My internal display was connected to my integrated amd graphics card instead of my dedicated gtx 1650, thus not allowing 144hz refresh rate on my monitor, how do i...
  10. Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.: Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now. I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I...