Windows 10: I disabled my realtek microphone and now all my realtek devices are gone from my sound...

Discus and support I disabled my realtek microphone and now all my realtek devices are gone from my sound... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I disables my default realtek microphone in the sound section and now all my realtek options are gone from where I should be able to select them. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xRyann, Jul 28, 2020.

1. xRyann Win User

I disabled my realtek microphone and now all my realtek devices are gone from my sound...

I disables my default realtek microphone in the sound section and now all my realtek options are gone from where I should be able to select them. Is there a way to re enable the devices? They no longer appear in the sound section. My speakers and microphone both had they realtek audio under the device name and now they the devices are entirely gone from the list. Is there a way to make them get back on the list of devices? I have tried unplugging and re plugging the cables and it didn't work. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. The way i disabled it was that I went to sound right clicked my microphone, clicked change settings then clicked disable it was above uninstall device. It ended up removing my headset from the list as well so now all sounds come through my speakers and I no longer have any realtek devices in the list of devices.

:)

xRyann, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Braden. Win User
    No longer have audio / Realtek is gone on my PC

Hello, I logged on to my PC today and found out I no longer have Realtek audio / any audio at all. I have tried many solutions such as,

1. Troubleshooting Active Sound
    2. Trying to reinstall Realtek software (Couldn't Find It)
    3. Trying to update the Realtek Drivers (It isn't even in my device manager let alone my PC)
    When I go into the bottom left of my PC to look at my Playback devices I only see as follows,

1. NVIDIA OutPut (Disabled)
    2. S271HL (My Monitor which is my Playback device which has no speakers)
    Nothing else shows up even after right clicking and doing "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices. It is like my audio software just got completely deleted. I have since made a full factory reset of my PC which I have been wanting to do
    for a while now and nothing else has changed. I have not to my knowledge, removed, downloaded, or updated, anything on my PC in the last few days. If you are curious I am using Apple Earbuds as my headset and they are plugged into my PC via the headphone jack.
    They work on my laptop and on my phone. Any help is appreciated.

Realtek Audio Control can't be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

PC Specs / Audio Specs

GTX 1050Ti

i5 8600k

8gb DDR4 Ram

600w PSU

Asus B360-Plus Motherboard

Braden., Jul 28, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

I disabled my realtek microphone and now all my realtek devices are gone from my sound...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. I disabled my realtek microphone and now all my realtek devices are gone from my sound... - Similar Threads - disabled realtek microphone

2. sound does not work and my realtek drivers are gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound does not work and my realtek drivers are gone: A few months back my laptop wouldn't let me log in and every time I would start it, it would have some pop up that I can't remember. After multiple attempts of turning my laptop on and off finally a new screen appeared and let me log back in that was the last day my sound...
  3. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .: i updated all of my drivers to the last available version .reinstall driversand tried over 10 youtube videos solutions .really needed help...
  4. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .: i updated all of my drivers to the last available version .reinstall driversand tried over 10 youtube videos solutions .really needed help...
  5. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound: So recently my computer froze and I had to manually restart it by turning the power off and on again. When it turned back on I discovered that it had no sound and Realtek wasn't showing up in my sound menu on the taskbar. I checked in the device manager and Realtek HD audio...
  7. realtek microphone no longer appearing on my laptop.

realtek microphone no longer appearing on my laptop.: I am not sure why this is happening, but the built in microphone to my laptop is no longer appearing. what i mean by this is, at first i thought it wasnt working, but when i went to check settings, the microphone did not appear as an option. it also doesnt show in any other...
  8. Realtek is gone

Realtek is gone: About a 2 weeks ago realtek dissapeared completely from my pc and i can no longer listen to audio through any means other than hdmi, i have tried reinstalling it from asus but it hasnt worked. I have tried everything i can think of even a full reinstall of windows. any help...
  9. Realtek and sound i can not get realtek installed to my sound in device manager I have blue...

Realtek and sound i can not get realtek installed to my sound in device manager I have blue...: Realtek and sound i can not get realtek installed to my sound in device manager I have blue tooth and wireless but if i delet it i loose my sound. Sound does not work anyway....
  10. My realtek drivers are gone and i have no audio

My realtek drivers are gone and i have no audio: Hi! Last night when i turned on my computer i noticed that there was an X next to the sound icon, so naturally i clicked it and found out that the PC wasn't identifying my USB Speakers. I opened the Device manager and i saw this:[ATTACH] Of course i tried to update USB...