Windows 10: I disabled SearchUI.exe in resource monitor? How do I get it back?

Discus and support I disabled SearchUI.exe in resource monitor? How do I get it back? in Cortana to solve the problem; So I wanted to turn off things to save my computer some performance & I turned off SearchUI.exe, and now when I go back to the resource monitor it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by brynnharde, Jan 6, 2021.

1. I disabled SearchUI.exe in resource monitor? How do I get it back?

So I wanted to turn off things to save my computer some performance & I turned off SearchUI.exe, and now when I go back to the resource monitor it doesn't show up on the list to resume the process? I have also restarted my computer
    How do I get searchUI back? I'm not able to search anything anymore.

I also went to the C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy location & renamed theSearchUI.exe.001 to Disabled.SearchUI.exe when I wanted to remove it but it's restored back to it's original name now.

What do I do?

:)

brynnharde, Jan 6, 2021

2. Is Resource Monitor a Trojan Horse?

Resource Monitor has no history of this. From what you described it sounded more like a Norton issue to me. I've had enough experience over ten years daily in forums to know that Norton is always the first suspect when it's mentioned and therefore it was
    the first suggestion I made here based on your entire description.

A shotgun approach tries a bunch of things hoping something will work. This is targeted at Norton which is always the prime suspect, and not shotgun at all. If it doesn't help then I'll have other steps but one step does not a shotgun make.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jan 6, 2021
  3. how to have resource monitor not open up automatically

thank you for quick reply. unfortunately, resource monitor is not visible on the list

conanlabiche, Jan 6, 2021
  4. chahan Win User

I disabled SearchUI.exe in resource monitor? How do I get it back?

Set Resource Monitor to Always on Top

Greetings!

I'm using Windows 10, and I've tried using DeskPins and TurboTop to achieve it but they both failed. I did confirm that the programs worked on other software. It just wouldn't work with Resource monitor. (Known limitation?)

Is there any other way to achieve this? Is there a registry key that forces Resource Monitor to be always on top?

I'm also ok with using another software that can show the latency per .exe file same as how Resource Monitor shows it, but would really prefer to only use Resource monitor.

chahan, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

I disabled SearchUI.exe in resource monitor? How do I get it back?

1. I disabled SearchUI.exe in resource monitor? How do I get it back? - Similar Threads - disabled SearchUI exe

2. How do I get back a driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get back a driver: I accidentally deleted a driver under the Universal Cereal bus Controller and now my keyboard and mouse is not working at all. I tried using another keyboard and a different usb port but it still didn’t work I’m just stuck in the log in screen. I’m on windows 11 I need help...
  3. How do I get Bluetooth back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get Bluetooth back?: I'm using a Dell lnspiron 15 laptop with Windows 10. I was using my Bluetooth earbuds when they suddenly disconnected. I looked to my Bluetooth settings, and the Bluetooth toggle was missing. I powered off the earbuds manually, then restarted windows. Nothing. So I tried more...
  4. How do I get my monitor back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my monitor back?: I have a desktop computer with only 1 monitor attached. I pressed the Windows + P button and accidentally selected second screen only. When Windows boots up it turns the monitor black. What is the most graceful way to return this to operation....
  5. How do I get my monitor back?

How do I get my monitor back?: I have a desktop computer with only 1 monitor attached. I pressed the Windows + P button and accidentally selected second screen only. When Windows boots up it turns the monitor black. What is the most graceful way to return this to operation....
  6. How do i get administrator back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get administrator back?: I have a custom built PC and i paid someone to do it, when they finished everything and got to setting up windows they made an account called "user" and that was the first admin account and then i made mine and he gave me admin privileges, but i accidentally took away admin...
  7. sound disabled how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound disabled how do I get it back?: no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-disabled-how-do-i-get-it-back/30698491-970d-44b1-a3f7-095cba3cb10f
  8. I disabled the wifi hotspot adapter, it disappeared, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I disabled the wifi hotspot adapter, it disappeared, how do I get it back?: I disabled the wifi hotspot adapter, it disappeared, how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-disabled-the-wifi-hotspot-adapter-it-disappeared/195c1097-c474-43b3-a85b-e453ebe16575
  9. How do i get music from a .exe?

How do i get music from a .exe?: music plays when I use an exe, but when I extract it the file for the music isn't there. How do I find it? If you are wondering the .exe file is BEN2.EXE if you would like to post a DL link so I could download the music, that would be amazing! *Smile Thanks for the help!...
  10. How do I get back data

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back data: Hi, pls need ur help in getting data bck. I tried to restore the pic bck last night but I couldn't find the restore point for yesterday I could only see earlier than that and all the employees data were taken yesterday. Pls save my ASS. 72052