Windows 10: I disabled Windows 10 Updater and yet it not only turned back on but forces me when to update

Discus and support I disabled Windows 10 Updater and yet it not only turned back on but forces me when to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So for over a month, Updater keeps trying to update, gets an error and undo's the update, taking up time on the computer. I looked up how to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Windows 10 Updater is Ai, Nov 21, 2019.

1. I disabled Windows 10 Updater and yet it not only turned back on but forces me when to update

So for over a month, Updater keeps trying to update, gets an error and undo's the update, taking up time on the computer.

I looked up how to disable updater and did it, and it turned itself back on. I disable it and tried to disable the program that turns it back on and was told I don't have the authority to do that.

Microsoft, what gives you the right to control my computer?

What gives you the right to not let me choose when or what to update?

Windows 10 is stuck on my computer, won't let me go back to Windows 7.

I regret trusting you to give me windows 10 and want to know how you will reverse this update ****.

Give me back windows 7, and remember the customer is right and has rights with a computer that they bought, your software that they bought, hence it's theirs not yours and you should stop forcing your nazi **** on us.

:)

Windows 10 Updater is Ai, Nov 21, 2019
  2. R0H1T Win User

Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Nov 21, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

I disabled Windows 10 Updater and yet it not only turned back on but forces me when to update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

I disabled Windows 10 Updater and yet it not only turned back on but forces me when to update

1. I disabled Windows 10 Updater and yet it not only turned back on but forces me when to update - Similar Threads - disabled Updater yet

2. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...
  3. Windows 11 update not come yet for me......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update not come yet for me......: So its been many days I have been waiting for Windows 11 yet in settings the update does not come at all. This is what it says - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-not-come-yet-for-me/ed0a0e77-95d0-476e-8527-2a321cd1f903
  4. Windows 11 update not come yet for me......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update not come yet for me......: So its been many days I have been waiting for Windows 11 yet in settings the update does not come at all. This is what it says - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-not-come-yet-for-me/ed0a0e77-95d0-476e-8527-2a321cd1f903
  5. Windows 10 is forcing me to update to version 20h2 I DON'T WANT TO UPDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is forcing me to update to version 20h2 I DON'T WANT TO UPDATE: A notification saying that my windows home build version (1909) support is over. Windows 10 20H2 is already downloaded in my pc and in the next reeboot the update begin. I don't want this version at all. I heard a lot of issues with it. Is there a way to deleted this version?...
  6. Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version

Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version: I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 1909 yesterday and Windows Update told me I had to update to Windows 10 version 2004. I got the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Is there anyway around this or no? submitted by /u/gilby5 [link]...
  7. Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts: Greetings, It's well known that Windows Update will force computers to restart on occasion. As a professional DJ, this has *RUINED* numerous live performances that make use of my Windows computer. I'd like to know how to disable these forced restarts. It is my...
  8. How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?

How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?: Hi, Is there any way to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates from installing and only keep "Security only" updates ? This so called "Feature updates" are joke and introduce more and more bugs rather than fixes. Thanks submitted by /u/Green_Carnage [link]...
  9. Lost everything due to yet another forced update.

Lost everything due to yet another forced update.: Roughly 3 days after every update, whatever planned obsolescence program windows uses interferes with my graphics drivers and causes an irreversible black screen, requiring a restart. And over the last 6 years this has happened for every update, and only for updates. There is...
  10. Disabled Windows Update service. Win10 still turned it back on.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disabled Windows Update service. Win10 still turned it back on.: How do I disable Windows Update permanently? I disabled and stopped the Windows Update service under Computer Management a long time ago. Recently, I see microsoft is trying to shove 1709 down my throat, and has turned Windows Update service back on. I disabled and...