Windows 10: I do not have a bitlocker recovery key to access my startup page. How can I get on?

Discus and support I do not have a bitlocker recovery key to access my startup page. How can I get on? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Need bitlocker recovery key annot acces or rest, download windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by James D. taylor, Jan 25, 2020.

1. I do not have a bitlocker recovery key to access my startup page. How can I get on?

Need bitlocker recovery key annot acces or rest, download windows 10

:)

James D. taylor, Jan 25, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 25, 2020
  3. kevvyb Win User
    Bitlocker Process - 2 bek (startup) keys and one recovery key

I don't know if this what should happen but I was watching the process of key storage as I went through the BitLocker encryption process.

To see what was happening on the usb drive to which I was saving the startup and recovery keys I had to enable 'show system files' in order to see the .bek key.* I have seen posts stating that these are 'hidden files'. Maybe they are both? I am assuming that if the restart to check that usb key works succeeds, then presumably the machine is 'booting' from the usb key (.bek file)...?

1. Turned bitlocker on the C drive
    2. usb drive was preselected to save STARTUP KEY
    3. clicked on save
    4. ONE bek key created on USB drive
    5. Question re save location for recovery key > selected save to usb flash drive
    6. USB drive preselected > clicked on save
    7. Another bek key and recovery key saved with same timestamp
    8. clicked on next > encrypt entire drive > run check > restart
    So TWO .bek (startup) keys......Does anyone know why two?

One for each partition although I did not yet have BitLocker turned on my data partition.
    Or maybe one for the Windows recovery partition?* Although I thought I had read that this remained unencrypted...?

kevvyb, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Rohit_R Win User

I do not have a bitlocker recovery key to access my startup page. How can I get on?

Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In respect of your concern, the BitLocker recovery page you are getting is for the BIOS security and that is setup from the manufacturer.

I would suggest you to get in contact with the computer’s manufacturer and they will help you with the BitLocker recovery key.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

I do not have a bitlocker recovery key to access my startup page. How can I get on?

1. I do not have a bitlocker recovery key to access my startup page. How can I get on? - Similar Threads - bitlocker recovery key

2. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i access the bitlocker recovery key: i tried everything but it always lead me to a webpage that is not working and i really need that recovery asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/af11e241-3717-4358-a82c-75cac560a76a
  3. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i access the bitlocker recovery key: i tried everything but it always lead me to a webpage that is not working and i really need that recovery asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/af11e241-3717-4358-a82c-75cac560a76a
  4. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I access my BitLocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access my BitLocker recovery key?: When I go to devices and then go to BitLocker recovery key, it says try a different URL, and I'm then unable to get the key. My laptop which has alot of precious save files cannot be opened at all without it and I am in dire need....
  6. How do I access my BitLocker recovery key?

How do I access my BitLocker recovery key?: When I go to devices and then go to BitLocker recovery key, it says try a different URL, and I'm then unable to get the key. My laptop which has alot of precious save files cannot be opened at all without it and I am in dire need....
  7. How do I access my BitLocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?: I have corrupted files I can't delete on a laptop. To resolve this I need to rey deleting in safe mode but when I try going into safe mode I am asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned bitlocker on.If I go to my account then I can see 2 devices listed, laptop...
  9. How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?

How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?: I have corrupted files I can't delete on a laptop. To resolve this I need to rey deleting in safe mode but when I try going into safe mode I am asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned bitlocker on.If I go to my account then I can see 2 devices listed, laptop...
  10. How do I get my bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my bitlocker recovery key?: How do I get my recovery key for Bitlocker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/05def137-6852-4f93-be13-1694856c5e18