Windows 10: I do NOT have a cell phone yet 10 makes ALBUMS

Discus and support I do NOT have a cell phone yet 10 makes ALBUMS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New computer loaded with ms10(detest it--bring back Office XP which was a super program. 8.1 was OK but Gates needed more $$ so he killed that too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NOName543, Aug 19, 2019.

1. NOName543 Win User

I do NOT have a cell phone yet 10 makes ALBUMS

New computer loaded with ms10(detest it--bring back Office XP which was a super program. 8.1 was OK but Gates needed more $$ so he killed that too for support) Subject: 10's Albums stated purpose (Forum) is to enable a user to share photos to/from their phone which also duplicates photos (?) that take up space so Microsoft can force user to buy more memory. Great for MS. NOT GOOD for me. I would NEVER share anything directly from a cell phone even if I owned one. I do NOT.

Assume PHOTO ABC of my cat was saved in my own CAT folder on my CPU. When I look at the SCRAMBLE of MS10=That aforementioned PHOTO ABC which is my creation and safely in my folder also appears in an album. IF I DELETE the album only--will that action delete PHOTO ABC in its my private folder? Thankyou, M

:)

NOName543, Aug 19, 2019
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Aug 19, 2019
  3. California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Undead46 Win User

[FS][US]   Undead's Sell Shop - RAM, Routers, PC Cards, Cell Phones, and More!

Updated: Added Routers, PCS Cards, and a Cell Phone to my selling list.

Updated 2: Added 2 more routers, another cell phone, and a PSP.

Undead46, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I do NOT have a cell phone yet 10 makes ALBUMS - Similar Threads - cell phone yet

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  4. I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.: Good morning, I have two Microsoft Accounts, both of which have the same mobile phone number. Each day I have to re-set these accounts as they don't like sharing a phone number. Can I fix this problem without having a 2nd phone?Thank you....
  5. I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.

I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.: Good morning, I have two Microsoft Accounts, both of which have the same mobile phone number. Each day I have to re-set these accounts as they don't like sharing a phone number. Can I fix this problem without having a 2nd phone?Thank you....
  6. One Drive and Cell Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive and Cell Phone: I am getting an error message on my Android phone telling me that I am critically low on space. When I check the folder, it's showing multiple one drive folders. I use One Drive on my PC, but have no wish to store the files on my cell. How can I unsync the cell phone from One...
  7. i have one drive on my laptop. how do i install it on my cell phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have one drive on my laptop. how do i install it on my cell phone: how do i get my one drive on my laptop to install on my cell phone android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-one-drive-on-my-laptop-how-do-i-install-it/00136350-1d40-4509-b898-a8291304786a
  8. I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion

I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion: Hi there, I am not sure this is possible. When I try to add a device and click "phone," it tells me to install Phone Companion, which of course, is already installed and connected to my other phone. So as it stands now. although I have two computers connected to my...
  9. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

in Windows 10 Support
    YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell: Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the old one. The new cell has the APP installed and it says Your Phone And Pc Are Connected. What to do!!! Is there a way to give...
  10. Cell phone integration

in Windows 10 Support
    Cell phone integration: Is there any way to get cell phone apps working from within Windows? Example: would like to use PC keyboard to type messages in WhatsApp. TIA 59437