Windows 10: I do not have a microphone, and after a recent up date, I can no longer use cortana.I c

Discus and support I do not have a microphone, and after a recent up date, I can no longer use cortana.I c in Cortana to solve the problem; After a recent up date, I cannot use Cortana. When I use the Cortana circle; I hear, "Rats, I can't hear you". I do not have a microphone... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JustineO'brien, Feb 10, 2020.

1. I do not have a microphone, and after a recent up date, I can no longer use cortana.I c

After a recent up date, I cannot use Cortana. When I use the Cortana circle; I hear, "Rats, I can't hear you". I do not have a microphone

:)

JustineO'brien, Feb 10, 2020

2. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Microphone not working with Cortana

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing detail of the issue.

I suggest you to try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Cortana & Search settings.
    • Slide the slider to On in Hey Cortana.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 10, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

I do not have a microphone, and after a recent up date, I can no longer use cortana.I c

Cortana not istening to microphone.

Yes, works there too. I think I got stuck with a deaf Cortana. I thought I was the only one here.

CountMike, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

I do not have a microphone, and after a recent up date, I can no longer use cortana.I c

1. I do not have a microphone, and after a recent up date, I can no longer use cortana.I c - Similar Threads - microphone recent date

2. After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...: I cannot open files, or file explorer after windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-recent-update-i-was-required-to-use-a/26a2f9c4-4e81-4dbb-91bc-a2b638b3a11f"
  3. How can I reactivate the Cortana Keyboard input box. I don't have a microphone.

in Cortana
    How can I reactivate the Cortana Keyboard input box. I don't have a microphone.: I DON"T HAVE A MICROPHONE * Moved from msn * Original title: How can I reactivate the Cortana Keyboard input box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reactivate-the-cortana-keyboard-input/cff31f03-3a14-44db-999a-c2dbf2429d72"
  4. I can not use the C++ Redistributable, Which Microsoft Visual C++ do I uninstall before I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can not use the C++ Redistributable, Which Microsoft Visual C++ do I uninstall before I...: I have looked around and seen that I can uninstall Microsft Visual C++ and then us the installer but which one do I uninstall because there are so many of them....
  5. Do I have a virus? I can no longer use Windows Defender and can't connect to any MS servers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I have a virus? I can no longer use Windows Defender and can't connect to any MS servers: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lewisj489 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1e0s6/do_i_have_a_virus_i_can_no_longer_use_windows/
  6. can I have the modified date never changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    can I have the modified date never changed?: For example, I have a document, whenever I make a slight change, the modified date would be updated. However, this is not what I want, in most cases I would like to keep an understanding of when the major change of the file was done. Creation date could also changes if the...
  7. Cortana and what all can I do with it

in Cortana
    Cortana and what all can I do with it: My HP has already lost its touch screen and pretty much everything else that makes it worthwhile. Now maybe I can play with cortana a bit and see what I can do with it, any suggestions? I am beyond disgusted with my 1200$ laptop that is rendered useless none of the fun things...
  8. Can I have the creation dates and modified dates preserved on copying?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I have the creation dates and modified dates preserved on copying?: I want to backup some files, I find that if I just copy and paste, the copied files in the new location has the new creation and/or modification dates. Is it possible to preserve those "dates" as the original one? 128344
  9. After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print: After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print from my Epson or Brother multi printers. I called Epson and they are saying that the IP Address changed and that is why I can't print. Can you help me? Where do I go in my computer to change this so my printer and...
  10. My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...: See above … says it all Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-which-i-used-to-talk-to-cortana/3aec8755-a8db-42fa-a45b-08d6b06c39d3