Windows 10: I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I...

Discus and support I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I get this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RowanGriffin, Aug 21, 2019.

1. I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I...

I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I get this.

:)

RowanGriffin, Aug 21, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 21, 2019
  3. pappawado Win User
    Wi-Fi connection

Trying to connect my Wi-Fi but under settings for network Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi and airplane more setting do not appear. It starts with data storage. Please help because I cannot connect my other computer to the internet or Wi-Fi after upgrading to windows 10.

pappawado, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I...

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I...

1. I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I... - Similar Threads - connection ability settings

2. I have no option to connect to Wi-Fi. It says not connecting to network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no option to connect to Wi-Fi. It says not connecting to network adapter: My “IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz” is not working which is causing me to not connect to Wi-Fi or giving me the option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-option-to-connect-to-wi-fi-it-says-not/62380c39-9c31-4d11-9fc8-c64f3b273a20
  3. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  4. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  5. How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?: Hello,I recently moved my Windows 10 desktop to my new apartment. After setting everything up, I turned on the computer and found that the tabs to select a Wi-Fi connection were missing. When I click the “network & internet settings,” the only option available is Ethernet;...
  6. How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?: Hello,I recently moved my Windows 10 desktop to my new apartment. After setting everything up, I turned on the computer and found that the tabs to select a Wi-Fi connection were missing. When I click the “network & internet settings,” the only option available is Ethernet;...
  7. How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?

8. No Wi-Fi option under network connections

No Wi-Fi option under network connections: Hello everybody just wanted to know if anyone could help me with this. I just built this pc and I can’t connect to Wi-Fi. There is no option for Wi-Fi under network connections only Ethernet....
  9. No Wi-Fi option under network connections

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Wi-Fi option under network connections: Hello everybody just wanted to know if anyone could help me with this. I just built this pc and I can’t connect to Wi-Fi. There is no option for Wi-Fi under network connections only Ethernet....
  10. No Wi-Fi option under network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming