Windows 10: I do not have enough disk space.

Discus and support I do not have enough disk space. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried everything that online searches have told me to do and I still only have 518 MB left. I have tried practically anything so if you think of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllyP1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. AllyP1 Win User

I do not have enough disk space.

I have tried everything that online searches have told me to do and I still only have 518 MB left. I have tried practically anything so if you think of something that you have told others, I have tried it. I don't want to waste time on going in circles so if you can think of why it is doing this, like its the computers fault? The largest storage used is 8 MB, in apps and games. I cant think of what to do. should I just get a whole new computer?! That is the only thing I haven't tried. lol. Please, tell me if you know how to fix this. I don't use that much space I only use this computer for 3 games that I rarely play.

:)

AllyP1, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jun 12, 2019
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 12, 2019
  4. I do not have enough disk space.

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

I do not have enough disk space.

1. I do not have enough disk space. - Similar Threads - enough disk space

2. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  3. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  4. Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space: Hello,I have 2 SSD and 1 HDD in my computerC SSD 1 is for my programs and windows it has 222 GBE SSD 2 for the games it has 445 GBD HDD is for my work and games also it is 2 TB I have 186 GB empty space at my "E SSD"But i cant even upload 780 MB FileI had same issue at W10 so...
  5. Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space

Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space: Hello,I have 2 SSD and 1 HDD in my computerC SSD 1 is for my programs and windows it has 222 GBE SSD 2 for the games it has 445 GBD HDD is for my work and games also it is 2 TB I have 186 GB empty space at my "E SSD"But i cant even upload 780 MB FileI had same issue at W10 so...
  6. How do I not have enough disk space for a reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I not have enough disk space for a reset?: I have been trying to reset my Windows 10 PC for months. I backed my files up to my external hard drive manually, deleted everything on my computer manually, and it still tells me that I don't have enough disk space. I'm 32+ GB short. What am I doing wrong? It won't let me...
  7. How do I not have enough disk space for a reset?

How do I not have enough disk space for a reset?: I have been trying to reset my Windows 10 PC for months. I backed my files up to my external hard drive manually, deleted everything on my computer manually, and it still tells me that I don't have enough disk space. I'm 32+ GB short. What am I doing wrong? It won't let me...
  8. How do I not have enough disk space for a reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have 450GB of space

Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have 450GB of space: Hi All, I am currently trying to install the newly released Horizon 4 game from the Microsoft Store, however I keep getting an error suggesting I do not have enough disk space. I have a completely empty SSD 250GB and about 200GB on my HDD. I have set the download...
  10. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....