Windows 10: I do not have permission????

Discus and support I do not have permission???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created a new user profile in windows 10 with administrator permission. Now when I try to access a file on drive f, I am denied permission to even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldspook, Dec 7, 2015.

1. oldspook Win User

I do not have permission????

I created a new user profile in windows 10 with administrator permission. Now when I try to access a file on drive f, I am denied permission to even open the folder.

l hate windows permission, since I am the only one that has access to my computer, is there a way to permanently disable the permissions feature? Barring that, how can I get permission to access the folder?

:)

oldspook, Dec 7, 2015

2. Do I or do I not have a Homegroup?

Did you know that both the HG and its Troubleshooter are oblivious of the requirement to have local IPv6 connectivity? You can waste your time with both it you don't have it. Use PowerShell Get-NetConnectionProfile to check.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 7, 2015
  3. kaygee46 Win User
    Do I or do I not have a Homegroup?

This is a cut and paste response straight out of the Microsoft Tech's handbook, and doesn't help at all. Of course I've run the Network Troubleshooter, as we're told to do in so many other responses to similar calls for help with Homegroup since the days
    of Windows 8.

When Windows basically says There is no Homegroup detected, would you like to join it? that's a bug right there.

I got sick of trying to get Homegroup working and now I've set up my file sharing using Advanced Networking, but I don't like it when things that should work don't, so if anyone has a genuine fix for this problem I'd still like to hear about it.

kaygee46, Dec 7, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Open an elevated command prompt (right click and run as administrator) and enter the following (assuming the directory you have a problem with is "F:\Problem Directory" - otherwise you'll want to change the bit in red...)
    Code: takeown /f "F:\Problem Directory" /r icacls "F:\Problem Directory" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%"I do not have permission???? :(F) /t[/quote] This will take ownership of the directory and then grant authority to the current user.

Note: no need to change "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%" with your user name - just enter it as it is above.

While you could give yourself authority to everything like this it would be a bad idea as any malware you got would also get full authority and also some programs might expect default permissions and act erratically. I'd not mess with permissions in directories other than those just containing your data (i.e. not "C:\Windows", "C:\Program Files" etc).

lx07, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

1. I do not have permission???? - Similar Threads - permission

2. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message: This very old problem is still there after upgrading to 1903. When I first log on after cold start as my (admin, parent) account (MSA), I get: [ATTACH] This is more annoying than anything else, but how do I fix this?...
  3. Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result: Hi, I've had this issue for a while (>6 months) but never took the time to ask here, it's a pretty strange issue. Problem: Whenever I try to modify a directory that requires admin privileges using the explorer, nothing happens... For example : If I try to move a file...
  4. Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.

Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.: So I just clean installed Windows 10 version 1903 on a few of my computers. On one computer, I am trying to share the whole drive through simple sharing options but when I try to access that drive from another machine I get an unable to access due to permissions error....
  5. Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.: So I just clean installed Windows 10 version 1903 on a few of my computers. On one computer, I am trying to share the whole drive through simple sharing options but when I try to access that drive from another machine I get an unable to access due to permissions error....
  6. File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?

File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?: In trying to start Adobe After Effects, "After Effects can’t continue: Standard 3D module is missing." appears after "Cleaning Up" disappears from the splash screen. After clicking Ok on the error, the splash screen goes away and I get this dialog box: "After Effects can't...
  7. Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission

Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission: Hi When applying permission to folders for Authenticated Users & Everyone the system says - access denied part way through applying them. Authenticated Users has no permissions at all and can't apply, and Everyone when created and the permission applied also denied. on my...
  8. Gmail Log In Switched to Arabic After May 2019 Outlook Update - Login Requiring Permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Log In Switched to Arabic After May 2019 Outlook Update - Login Requiring Permission...: Info: Using HP Pavilion laptop, running Windows 10 and MS Outlook 2019. My Outlook 2019 has never worked well. Sending and receiving email is slower than snail mail, but now... HELP! A box pops up in Arabic (my setting are English) insisting that I log in to my Gmail in...
  9. Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See...

Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See...: Hello, today i've noticed that i don't have permission to open some files on my onedrive folder. When i try to open them i notepad it says: "You don't have permission to open this file. See the owner of this file or an administrator to obtain permission". When i make copy...
  10. Error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation...: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user LAPTOP-IMN0QC4O\tesla SID...