Windows 10: I do not have permission????

Discus and support I do not have permission???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created a new user profile in windows 10 with administrator permission. Now when I try to access a file on drive f, I am denied permission to even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldspook, Dec 7, 2015.

1. oldspook Win User

I do not have permission????

I created a new user profile in windows 10 with administrator permission. Now when I try to access a file on drive f, I am denied permission to even open the folder.

l hate windows permission, since I am the only one that has access to my computer, is there a way to permanently disable the permissions feature? Barring that, how can I get permission to access the folder?

:)

oldspook, Dec 7, 2015

2. Do I or do I not have a Homegroup?

Did you know that both the HG and its Troubleshooter are oblivious of the requirement to have local IPv6 connectivity? You can waste your time with both it you don't have it. Use PowerShell Get-NetConnectionProfile to check.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 7, 2015
  3. kaygee46 Win User
    Do I or do I not have a Homegroup?

This is a cut and paste response straight out of the Microsoft Tech's handbook, and doesn't help at all. Of course I've run the Network Troubleshooter, as we're told to do in so many other responses to similar calls for help with Homegroup since the days
    of Windows 8.

When Windows basically says There is no Homegroup detected, would you like to join it? that's a bug right there.

I got sick of trying to get Homegroup working and now I've set up my file sharing using Advanced Networking, but I don't like it when things that should work don't, so if anyone has a genuine fix for this problem I'd still like to hear about it.

kaygee46, Dec 7, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Open an elevated command prompt (right click and run as administrator) and enter the following (assuming the directory you have a problem with is "F:\Problem Directory" - otherwise you'll want to change the bit in red...)
    Code: takeown /f "F:\Problem Directory" /r icacls "F:\Problem Directory" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%"I do not have permission???? :(F) /t[/quote] This will take ownership of the directory and then grant authority to the current user.

Note: no need to change "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%" with your user name - just enter it as it is above.

While you could give yourself authority to everything like this it would be a bad idea as any malware you got would also get full authority and also some programs might expect default permissions and act erratically. I'd not mess with permissions in directories other than those just containing your data (i.e. not "C:\Windows", "C:\Program Files" etc).

lx07, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

1. I do not have permission???? - Similar Threads - permission

2. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  3. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  4. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  5. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  6. Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access: HelloThere's a folder on a server to which I have full control permissions. I need to add new security group to the folder. It should inherit permissions from parent folder, but it doesn't, I receive message " Failed to enumerate... Access denied". I have tried to add the...
  7. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  8. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  9. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

10. My system asks my for my own permission and denies it on my behalf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system asks my for my own permission and denies it on my behalf: I didn't know how to explain this, sorry for the confusing title.The thing is that I've been trying to delete my "windows.old" folder for the whole morning now and so far I've been able to go through most security barriers but at this point this is just an error. At first, it...