Windows 10: I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

Discus and support I do not have permissions to save files in folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vince Schae, May 22, 2023.

1. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots

:)

Vince Schae, May 22, 2023

2. Permissions to save updated files denied

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it resolve the permission issue.

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.
    • Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
      Advance tab.
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
    • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
    • Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
    • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
      importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
    • Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder
      and all sub-folders
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 22, 2023
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 22, 2023
  4. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

Files folders and storage

Hi Peter,

We need more information to be bale to help you better with this issue. Are you facing any issues when saving the word documents or when composing any documents?

If the issue is with saving documents, where are you trying to save them and what is the error message displayed?

I would suggest you to check if the users folder is displayed as "read only'. Open File Explorer, click on the driver where windows is installed, and open the users folder. Right click on the users folder, and then check in the general tab, if it is shown
    as 'read only'. If yes, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are

located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child

object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click

Ok.

Bennet Martin, May 22, 2023
Thema:

I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

1. I do not have permissions to save files in folders. - Similar Threads - permissions save files

2. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  3. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  4. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

I do not have permissions to save files in folders.: So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-permissions-to-save-files-in-folders/9740be92-fac7-4892-a49c-55036de0c028
  6. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have permissions to save files in folders.: So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-permissions-to-save-files-in-folders/9740be92-fac7-4892-a49c-55036de0c028
  7. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files: I downloaded a file locker but then I suddenly couldnt create any files. I deleted the program and tried some solutions I found on the internet but they didnt work. I changed a few things on advanced security settings. I changed owner to Everyone and created a permission...
  8. You do not have permission to save changes to this file

You do not have permission to save changes to this file: Hi, I have been using my widows 10 photos app to trim videos for the last month. Yesterday I tried to do the same and I got the error message "you do not have permission to save changes to this file" when I tried to save as a copy following the trim. How can I get this...
  9. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...
  10. You do not have permission to save in this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You do not have permission to save in this location: Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I get the message saying that i do have permission to save in this location,contact the administrator for permission?? can...