Windows 10: I do not have US keyboard layout. Why windows is continuosly activating it?

Discus and support I do not have US keyboard layout. Why windows is continuosly activating it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the last release of windows 10, up to the most recent updates. Two preferred languages are installed: Italian and English (English is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marco4_85, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Marco4_85 Win User

I do not have US keyboard layout. Why windows is continuosly activating it?

I have the last release of windows 10, up to the most recent updates. Two preferred languages are installed: Italian and English (English is the display language as well).

My PC has a keyboard with Italian layout and, looking at the "Region and language" page on the settings, "Italian QUERTY" is the only installed keyboard.

I do not have US keyboard layout. Why windows is continuosly activating it? 8247dbac-956b-4aae-8ecd-e5be1de61e38?upload=true.jpg

However, the language button on the task bar is providing me an extra choice: US keyboard layout.

I do not have US keyboard layout. Why windows is continuosly activating it? 7d34c1fa-225d-4263-a294-6b69041a18cf?upload=true.jpg

This would not be particularly annoying if the operating system do not automatically activate it every time I start typing on a new window. How can I deactivate this option permanently?

Thanks in advance for you support!

:)

Marco4_85, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

IME with various keyboard layouts

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in changing the
    keyboard layout. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur, if you have selected any default language for keyboard layout.

Follow below mentioned step to change the keyboard layout Language.

• Press and Hold Windows key + space bar key from your keyboard.

• On right corner of your desktop, you will see a small pop windows that shows keyboard layout Language.

• Using down and up arrow keys, you can change the keyboard layout Language.
    Please get back us, if you are still facing issue
    in changing the keyboard layout language.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. I do not have US keyboard layout. Why windows is continuosly activating it? - Similar Threads - keyboard layout Why

2. Why the Japanese keyboard layout changed to US keyboard after do CSRConnected System Recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the Japanese keyboard layout changed to US keyboard after do CSRConnected System Recovery?: Steps to repro: 1. Install Japanese Win11 OS 22H2 22621.2861 2. Go to BIOS setup, set UEFI Wi-Fi Network Boot: Enabled, Reinstall Windows from cloud: Enabled. 3. Reboot, enter boot menu, choice "Reinstall Windows from Cloud". 4. The Wi-Fi Networks page shows up. Choose a...
  3. Why the Japanese keyboard layout changed to US keyboard after do CSRConnected System Recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the Japanese keyboard layout changed to US keyboard after do CSRConnected System Recovery?: Steps to repro: 1. Install Japanese Win11 OS 22H2 22621.2861 2. Go to BIOS setup, set UEFI Wi-Fi Network Boot: Enabled, Reinstall Windows from cloud: Enabled. 3. Reboot, enter boot menu, choice "Reinstall Windows from Cloud". 4. The Wi-Fi Networks page shows up. Choose a...
  4. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  5. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  6. How do I delete the unwanted languageenglish US from keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete the unwanted languageenglish US from keyboard layout?: i want to delete the ''English united state'' from my keyboard layout https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-the-unwanted-languageenglish-us/8d8dafd8-d6b6-4322-91d5-9ff75f9616ea
  7. How do I delete the unwanted languageenglish US from keyboard layout?

How do I delete the unwanted languageenglish US from keyboard layout?: i want to delete the ''English united state'' from my keyboard layout https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-the-unwanted-languageenglish-us/8d8dafd8-d6b6-4322-91d5-9ff75f9616ea
  8. US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11: I want to remove EnglishUS keyboard layout in Windows 11 but I can't still remove it. I only want ATOK Japanese IME, uses Japanese keyboard layout to be displayed when pressing Win+Space.lot of detailsAs many of other users say I don't have the US language in [Time & Language...
  9. US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11

US keyboard layout persists in Windows 11: I want to remove EnglishUS keyboard layout in Windows 11 but I can't still remove it. I only want ATOK Japanese IME, uses Japanese keyboard layout to be displayed when pressing Win+Space.lot of detailsAs many of other users say I don't have the US language in [Time & Language...
  10. Cannot remove US keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove US keyboard layout: Recently I've noticed that a US keyboard layout has appeared on my language bar. I've always had jsut English UK and Japanese on there and it would switch between them whenever I press left shift + left alt. which turned out to be a very bad idea because I'm an artist and...