Windows 10: I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to

Discus and support I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have absolutely zero interest in playing games, I do not plan to play any games and it will never change. Yet I constantly have problems with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by msftric, Sep 13, 2020.

1. msftric Win User

I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to

I have absolutely zero interest in playing games, I do not plan to play any games and it will never change. Yet I constantly have problems with the Gaming Services. I was able disable all of the XBOX BLOATWARE that do nothing but waste resources. Yet I still have problems with your Gaming Services. I am unable to change the startup from Automatic to Manual or disable it. Yet I somehow will always find a solution to the problem your updates cause and will get my laptop to running as it should... that is until you do another update that goes and f;s everything up ONCE AGAIN.. It is a never ending fix everything that YOUR FORCED updates cause... Oh and if you would STOP shoving your pathetic Edge browser down my throat it would be appreciated.

:)

msftric, Sep 13, 2020

2. How do I delete programs that dont exist according to windows explorer

Windows 10, I force closed steam while it was writing to the hard disk and now all the games i had in the steamapp/common on my C:/ drive are gone.

BUT

Steam is still downloading synced data from the cloud for these games, but to install them i need to free up space

BUT i cant free up space because Windows Explorer doesn't see them...

BUT Recuva finds them.

BUT it ignores them regardless of filter settings....

SO now, i have only a few megabytes of free space on my c drive and i need to someone clear up 200 gigabytes of data that i cant clear up because the files dont exist.

I'm assuming I'm royally donefor and I'm ready to just give up. I was planning on getting an ssd anyways.

TLDR:
    - force closed steam while it was writing to disk

• steam/common folder is "empty"
    • file space is still occupied by programs that "dont exist"
    • recuva ignores the files
    • cant free up enough space to have steam check for installed games
    • need to delete files that "dont exist"
    • steam client cant send support ticket for whatever reason

Turns out steam moved the steamapps folder into the steamui folder. steam is weird. Hello future people trying to fix this! check to see if some other steam directory folders are a bit too big...

StarHorder, Sep 13, 2020
  3. lugano Win User
    Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start

In the Sticky Thread "List of Games working on Windows 10 Technical Preview", people are saying that MW2 and MW3 are working on Win10. But its not working for me.
    After I start the game, i get a black screen for a few seconds and then i get back to the desktop without any error message or something like that.
    I play many games on Win10 and every game is working flawless.
    Only MW2 and MW3 arent working. Both games are using the same engine, so i think the solution should be the same for both games.
    I already tried to run the games in compability mode, but this time i get the message "iw5mp.exe has stopped working".
    Also i already tried to run as admin. An actual Catalyst Control Center was already included in the Technical Preview.
    I installed a few directx patches, but they dont helped me.

When I start "dxdiag" the programm is crashing. After a restart I get a message if i want to skip the Direct3D Test to avoid another crash. After i Click Yes, its shows that Direct3D Accelerate is not available.

I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to [​IMG]

I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to [​IMG]

lugano, Sep 13, 2020
  4. I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to

Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.

Same comment here. I also have an expanded list of all "apps" in my start list. Someone suggested Classic Shell. I tried it for a while but would rather just clean up the Start provided with Windows. If there's a way to get rid of the expanded Apps list, I'd like to try it.

pokeefe0001, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to

1. I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to - Similar Threads - play games dont

2. i dont want upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i dont want upgrade to windows 11: I received a notification to upgrade to Windows 11 and I upgraded my Windows to 11 after trying Windows 11, I regretted it and switched to Windows 10 and I still get the upgrade notification How can I cancel my Windows 11 upgrade?...
  3. i dont want upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont want upgrade to windows 11: Hi. I received a notification to upgrade to Windows 11 and upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11. But after trying Windows 11, I regretted and downgraded to Windows 10. But I still get the upgrade notification and if I restart. Installs Windows 11. How can I cancel my Windows 11...
  4. i dont want notification when im playing game, but i want it on my regular browsing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i dont want notification when im playing game, but i want it on my regular browsing: when i tried the notification settings , it just says OFF, PRIORITY ONLY and ALARMS ONLY, if i chose priority only, it does the job when im playing games, but it will also not come up during my regular browsing. so, i want notification to have it NOT appear when im playing...
  5. cannot play game. Your profile dont exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot play game. Your profile dont exist: Your profile HeedfullCarrot80 doesnt exist you cannot play this game . I have this on my Forza Horizon 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-play-game-your-profile-dont-exist/b5c9bca7-52e3-4194-a964-63220aadc550
  6. Dont want detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dont want detected: Hi I've been having a problem with windows defender. I have created a code to inject a code into a game. An it uses the same method as trojan viruses. When ever I launch it it says check your anti virus I have whitelisted the folder and disabled Realtime protection and it...
  7. I dont want Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I dont want Windows Security: How can I close permantly Windows Security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-dont-want-windows-security/8748d6d2-4d13-4beb-bc75-924c08024e20
  8. I dont see game invites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont see game invites: So i was trying to play with my friends Forza Horizon 4 and every time i invite them they see the invite but if they invite me i cant see the invite, i have this problem for a month and cant find any fix.I tried to reset the xbox related apps and i tried to turn on...
  9. Office dont want activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office dont want activated: Hello, I want to try install office on my another computer. I'm first deleted office on my old computer, then when I try to activated my product key offce H&B ( I have card and product key ) then told me that licence be activated the maximum nuber of times. How we fixed that?...
  10. videos dont play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    videos dont play: I downloaded the new windows update and now u cant watch videos on my pc (no videos for: youtube , twitch , discord ,etc..) . it might not be because of the windows update but im sure it is (a friend of mine downloaded a windows update and it messed up his computer a few...