Windows 10: I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the...

Discus and support I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got my laptop updated to windows 11 from windows 10. Since then, I haven't being receiving these small notification/ pop ups that used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HPfer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. HPfer Win User

I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the...

I recently got my laptop updated to windows 11 from windows 10. Since then, I haven't being receiving these small notification/ pop ups that used to appear in the middle of the screen earlier, when I turn my backlit on or disable my camera with the key on my keyboard which has a small camera icon with a slash over it indicating the "camera is off" sort of. Can someone kindly tell me whether it's due to the update or is it that i have to enable something to get those pop ups back, as those are very useful.Thanks in advance

:)

HPfer, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Dook Win User
    Disabling backlight when receiving SMS

Hello all

Until recently, I've been able to leave my PPC5 running MDA Compact II so that the backlight doesn't illuminate when I receive SMS messages. Now when the phone is set to silent the backlight comes on whenever I receive SMS.

In the notifications section of sounds and notifications, I've set the 'New text message' event to play sound only, with the other 3 boxes (display message on screen, flash light for... and vibrate) unchecked. I'm sure this is how it was before, but now
    everytime I receive an SMS it lights up!

Can anyone tell me how I disable this function again, please?

Thanks

4. I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the...

Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the...

1. I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the... - Similar Threads - receive pop ups

2. how do i turn on windows backlight in windows 11.When the backlight button is clicked the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i turn on windows backlight in windows 11.When the backlight button is clicked the...: how do i turn on windows backlight in windows 11.When the backlight button is clicked the backlight does not turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-backlight-in-windows/b3f391dd-40af-4469-9f77-9e420fdf5e95
  3. how do i turn on windows backlight in windows 11.When the backlight button is clicked the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn on windows backlight in windows 11.When the backlight button is clicked the...: how do i turn on windows backlight in windows 11.When the backlight button is clicked the backlight does not turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-backlight-in-windows/b3f391dd-40af-4469-9f77-9e420fdf5e95
  4. I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not receive these pop ups when I turn on the backlight, or disable by camera using the...: I recently got my laptop updated to windows 11 from windows 10. Since then, I haven't being receiving these small notification/ pop ups that used to appear in the middle of the screen earlier, when I turn my backlit on or disable my camera with the key on my keyboard which...
  5. How do I turn off backlight for keyboard without using keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn off backlight for keyboard without using keys: My function keys don’t work and neither does the backlight key due to water damage, is there a way in settings that I can turn off my keyboard backlight? submitted by /u/Thomas-and-Jerald [link] [comments]...
  6. How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?: I'm a tablet user and there's this keyboard that pops up whenever I try to search something and it's driving me nuts. I couldn't disable it even in the Touch Keyboard & Handwriting Panel Services. It says that it's still running even though I picked the "disable" option. I...
  7. how do i disable a pop up blocker

how do i disable a pop up blocker: how do i disable a pop up blocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-a-pop-up-blocker/b58e4d52-0dd7-4289-bbba-ac2c66aae80a
  8. How do I turn on the keyboard backlights

How do I turn on the keyboard backlights: Does anyone know how to turn on the keyboard backlights on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-on-the-keyboard-backlights/67e91263-4275-41c0-871a-e0fb07b725f0
  9. how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?

how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?: In the process of changing settings, I accidentally turned off the keyboard backlight so I cannot see it in the dark anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-on-the-keyboard-backlight/b363df38-bacf-4bf7-b125-2c75bc1dc937
  10. How do I disable this HP pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable this HP pop-up: Hello All I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop and every time I log in I get the attached pop up, is there a way to disable the message so it doesn't come up again? 103876