Windows 10: I do not use the internet, Why do I still have to log onto Windows 10

Discus and support I do not use the internet, Why do I still have to log onto Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 based computer, that runs my home theater system. There is no network nor internet, either wired or wireless. Why do I still... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Narcisilus, Apr 2, 2019.

1. I do not use the internet, Why do I still have to log onto Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 based computer, that runs my home theater system. There is no network nor internet, either wired or wireless.

Why do I still have to log on to use the system.

(The op system will not allow me to remove any log on, either email or pin.)

NF

:)

Narcisilus, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

I do not use the internet, Why do I still have to log onto Windows 10

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

I do not use the internet, Why do I still have to log onto Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

I do not use the internet, Why do I still have to log onto Windows 10

1. I do not use the internet, Why do I still have to log onto Windows 10 - Similar Threads - internet Why still

2. How do I log onto the mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log onto the mail app?: I am trying to log into the mail app. I pressed add account and added my account but then I am just back to the add an account. I then tried to press add an account in case it didn't register properly, but it says my account already exists. So, I can't log in, and I can't add...
  3. How do I log onto the mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I log onto the mail app?: I am trying to log into the mail app. I pressed add account and added my account but then I am just back to the add an account. I then tried to press add an account in case it didn't register properly, but it says my account already exists. So, I can't log in, and I can't add...
  4. I do not have internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I do not have internet.: I have a laptop that has not connected to the Internet for days. I checked all the cables, the router and the switch to turn the wifi on and off. Does anyone have a solution for this?...
  5. I do not have internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have internet.: I have a laptop that has not connected to the Internet for days. I checked all the cables, the router and the switch to turn the wifi on and off. Does anyone have a solution for this?...
  6. I do not have internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why do I need internet to log into my windows acc.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I need internet to log into my windows acc.: I've recently changed my sign-in option from default to pin. Now, for some reason I need internet to sign-into my account. While setting-up the pin option, I remember inputting my email for some reason I don't clearly remember. Is it because of that, that I'm not able to...
  8. Why are microsoft Saying I do not have internet access . I do! Come on. Why ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why are microsoft Saying I do not have internet access . I do! Come on. Why ?: Want to play Angry Birds game , I can not go on because I need to buy Items. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-microsoft-saying-i-do-not-have-internet/a0f023bb-28e5-43bd-a8c1-6b4f8346aa65
  9. Do I still have Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I still have Virus?: I was a bit stupid in early August. I got help with HTML and CSS via AnyDesk something like Teamviewer via a public Teamspeak .. well, the guy opened the console extremely quickly and entered a command, he said he could now control my PC. Then the PC shut down and installed...
  10. Do I Have to Stop Using Internet Explorer? How do I change it?

in Browsers and Email
    Do I Have to Stop Using Internet Explorer? How do I change it?: I am running Windows 10 Home - Version 1803 and Internet Explorer 11 on my Dell XPS desktop computer. I am getting messages from websites that they do not want me to use IE. I have been using Internet Explorer since forever. Firefox seems to be the preferred browser. I have...