Windows 10: I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

Discus and support I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm here in Scotland with a simple question, how can I stop automatic updates from Microsoft? Mainly the OS, but all really. I understand MS may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by distinctivevoiceovers, Mar 14, 2019.

1. I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

I'm here in Scotland with a simple question, how can I stop automatic updates from Microsoft? Mainly the OS, but all really. I understand MS may have concerns regarding security but I choose to use Webroot, and I'm not sure MS is just upgrading a system, I feel there are other areas being assessed.

I understand Office 365 continually tweaked but I should be able to sit in my own little cocoon, everything in the same place, and more importantly, working. Not having to regularly jump onto some Community site, with respect to figure out why something else is buggy. When the smoke settles, it might be time to upgrade.

Yes, I am mid 50's, so just after a simple solution. If I choose to drive a BMW - I have Surface - OK, you're right, more a Ford, I do not expect to have to Google when BMW/Ford have put the steering wheel in the back seat, as part of an imposed Automatic Upgrade, for what ever reason.

I think most people have given up jokin about Win 8 but having the upgrade regime may have MS looking for the last laugh. Bottom line, can/should this be legally forced on customers that have supported MS since Win 3, also with 95, XP or 7?

Any thoughts appreciated.

STU

:)

distinctivevoiceovers, Mar 14, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 14, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 14, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

1. I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft - Similar Threads - automatic updates Microsoft

2. Hello, I download any program from the Microsoft Store, I don't want it to be automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I download any program from the Microsoft Store, I don't want it to be automatically...: Hello, I download any program from the Microsoft Store, I don't want it to be automatically installed in the C drive, I want to install it in other drives, what should I do?...
  3. Hello, I download any program from the Microsoft Store, I don't want it to be automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I download any program from the Microsoft Store, I don't want it to be automatically...: Hello, I download any program from the Microsoft Store, I don't want it to be automatically installed in the C drive, I want to install it in other drives, what should I do?...
  4. automatic updates I don't ask for or WANT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatic updates I don't ask for or WANT: Not a question. Just figured out thought it a computer malfunctio that the out of focus login screen is an update. AN UPDATE??!! If I wanted a fuzzy out of focus login screen I would pick one! What stupid your curse word decided to add this as an UPDATE?! That is...
  5. updates I Do NOT Want

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates I Do NOT Want: Hello Helpful friends. Recently my laptop had daily notices that Windows 10 wanted to do updates. 1I was afraid of the dreaded blue screen. 2 If there is a way to know what updates they want to do, I don't know how to access that. Likewise, I don't know if they let you...
  6. How do I prevent updates to Windows 10 from Microsoft that I do not want, such as Nov. 10...

How do I prevent updates to Windows 10 from Microsoft that I do not want, such as Nov. 10...: I do not want the changes Microsoft is making to my Notebook, specifically the ones being forced on me on November. I talked to a tech person at Microsoft and he told me I do not have enough space on my machine for the updates. I didn't need more until Microsoft forced...
  7. I DO NOT WANT ANY APPLICATIONS TO BE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO MY DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    I DO NOT WANT ANY APPLICATIONS TO BE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO MY DESKTOP: Hello, how do i turn off automatic desktop shortcuts for apps? I never ever under any circumstances to have anything but 2 icons on my desktop but whenever I install or update an app it is automatically created a shortcut on the desktop. How to i disable this useless...
  8. I want to disable automatic Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to disable automatic Windows update: I had some important files on my office PC. My computer updated on its own and I lost some information. Who knows is it possible to disable automatic Windows updates and set update in a manual mode?...
  9. i dont want any pause days for updates i want them daily how do i do that

i dont want any pause days for updates i want them daily how do i do that: I don't want any pause days for updates I want them daily how do I do that on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-any-pause-days-for-updates-i-want-them/a77b2c89-ae5d-4069-976c-c32536c8f2bd
  10. I want to stop any updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to stop any updates: How to disable any updates? I don’t want them at all! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-stop-any-updates/a3d5fab0-7c04-46e5-bf93-b7f31b0c04ec