Windows 10: I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

Discus and support I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm here in Scotland with a simple question, how can I stop automatic updates from Microsoft? Mainly the OS, but all really. I understand MS may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by distinctivevoiceovers, Mar 14, 2019.

1. I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

I'm here in Scotland with a simple question, how can I stop automatic updates from Microsoft? Mainly the OS, but all really. I understand MS may have concerns regarding security but I choose to use Webroot, and I'm not sure MS is just upgrading a system, I feel there are other areas being assessed.

I understand Office 365 continually tweaked but I should be able to sit in my own little cocoon, everything in the same place, and more importantly, working. Not having to regularly jump onto some Community site, with respect to figure out why something else is buggy. When the smoke settles, it might be time to upgrade.

Yes, I am mid 50's, so just after a simple solution. If I choose to drive a BMW - I have Surface - OK, you're right, more a Ford, I do not expect to have to Google when BMW/Ford have put the steering wheel in the back seat, as part of an imposed Automatic Upgrade, for what ever reason.

I think most people have given up jokin about Win 8 but having the upgrade regime may have MS looking for the last laugh. Bottom line, can/should this be legally forced on customers that have supported MS since Win 3, also with 95, XP or 7?

Any thoughts appreciated.

STU

:)

distinctivevoiceovers, Mar 14, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 14, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 14, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft

1. I do not want any automatic updates from Microsoft - Similar Threads - automatic updates Microsoft

2. I want to stop any updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to stop any updates: How to disable any updates? I don’t want them at all! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-stop-any-updates/a3d5fab0-7c04-46e5-bf93-b7f31b0c04ec
  3. how do I disable automatic updates?

how do I disable automatic updates?: the latest update(yesterday) disabled my Kaspersky app, and greyed out my button to reactivate it. Had to do a very slow system restore. How can I disable autoupdates ?...
  4. Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my...: Microsoft just tried doing one of its automatic updates, which I detest. Now my printer is printing on both sides. How do I undo that? In previous updates, it knocked out the connection to my printer, so that when I tried to print, nothing happened. Last time, it screwed...
  5. How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want: Photos App constantly makes new albums that I have not asked for and do not want. This is an invasion of privacy by accessing files to which I have not given permission to access, and is using processing power that I need for other uses. How do I disable this pointless and...
  6. How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want

How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want: Photos App constantly makes new albums that I have not asked for and do not want. This is an invasion of privacy by accessing files to which I have not given permission to access, and is using processing power that I need for other uses. How do I disable this pointless and...
  7. How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10: These automatic updates are ridiculous, especially since it automatically restarts my computer when I have work running on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-stop-automatic-updates-microsoft-10/a95f5d0f-77f2-4dab-b26a-09b8daebf512
  8. Windows 10 automatically downloads games and apps I DO NOT WANT!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 automatically downloads games and apps I DO NOT WANT!!: immediately after I installed the Windows 10 upgrade, Windows 10 automatically starts downloading and installing games and apps I DO NOT WANT or will ever use! it keeps installing Candy Crush Saga and Candy Crush Soda Saga, and some 3D building apps and utilities I will NEVER...
  9. How do I stop automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop automatic updates?: Hi everyone, I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are available and give my OK to download and install them. Can anyone help me please? 10707
  10. File explorer automatically starts at startup. I do not want this.

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer automatically starts at startup. I do not want this.: I checked (task manager > Startup ) and file explorer is not there. I disabled everything in startup, just to make sure. How do I stop this from occurring. Thanx 55580