Windows 10: I do not want to currently update windows 10

Discus and support I do not want to currently update windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last week, I updated my computer like normal and it completely crashed my computer. I couldn't start it or anything. I had to reformat my hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by judopanda, May 20, 2021.

1. judopanda Win User

I do not want to currently update windows 10

Last week, I updated my computer like normal and it completely crashed my computer. I couldn't start it or anything. I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows 10. However, there hasn't been any news about this so, in the meantime, I refuse to update windows 10. How do I turn auto update off. I just keep rescheduling in on a "pause" as of right now.

:)

judopanda, May 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 20, 2021
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. I do not want to currently update windows 10 - Similar Threads - currently update

2. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  3. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  4. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  6. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  7. Latest Windows Defender Platform Update Marked as "Current Channel Staged", Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Defender Platform Update Marked as "Current Channel Staged", Why?: note that Windows Defender Platform Updates and the Security Intelligence Updates are not the sameI noticed through the System logs in Event Viewer and catching Windows Defender restarting itself mid-update that the newest Platform Version had been installed, which appears to...
  8. Latest Windows Defender Platform Update Marked as "Current Channel Staged", Why?

Latest Windows Defender Platform Update Marked as "Current Channel Staged", Why?: note that Windows Defender Platform Updates and the Security Intelligence Updates are not the sameI noticed through the System logs in Event Viewer and catching Windows Defender restarting itself mid-update that the newest Platform Version had been installed, which appears to...
  9. Latest Windows Defender Platform Update Marked as "Current Channel Staged", Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Will issues occur if I do not install the current Windows Security Update KB5034441?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will issues occur if I do not install the current Windows Security Update KB5034441?: Hello.I'm currently on Windows 10 don't meet the specs to upgrade to Win11 and i'm having an issue with getting this update. I've restarted, as well as followed the steps to manually resize the partition as listed here:...