Windows 10: I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer

Discus and support I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer. It will not let me move forward in setting up my computer UNLESS I set up a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dj-93, Jun 29, 2020.

1. dj-93 Win User

I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer

I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer.

It will not let me move forward in setting up my computer UNLESS I set up a pin.

How do I bypass this during setup?!!!

:)

dj-93, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jun 29, 2020
  3. set up pin siqn in

Hi,

To better assist you, do let us know if you made any changes to the system prior to the issue.

I suggest you to try clicking the "set up PIN" option, create a new PIN and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 29, 2020
  4. I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer

Sign-in taking time after setting up PIN

Hello Harold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it is frustrating when the features don’t work the way there are supposed to. Usually, it takes time to login using the PIN after setting it up for the first time, as Windows optimizes and connects all the applications
    linked to your Microsoft account to give access using the PIN.

I suggest you to try logging in again and wait for some time to let Windows optimize the PIN for next use.

However, if you want to remove the PIN you can follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to the PC using password, and go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Under PIN click on
      Remove.
    3. Enter the password and click on
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer

1. I do not want to set up a pin during setting up a new windows computer - Similar Threads - set pin during

2. When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?: I am setting up a new pc and don't what to uses a PIN. Is there a way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-setting-up-a-new-pc-how-do-you-not-set-up-the/eafc58e6-072f-40d1-a26d-eb2d6524833a
  3. When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?: I am setting up a new pc and don't what to uses a PIN. Is there a way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-setting-up-a-new-pc-how-do-you-not-set-up-the/eafc58e6-072f-40d1-a26d-eb2d6524833a
  4. Set up new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new computer: Have just received a new work desk top. Unable to log into my microsoft account with my work email address. Says it does not exist when it does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-new-computer/4e766186-59bd-4266-94b9-a40ebcf85cd6
  5. Set up new computer

Set up new computer: Have just received a new work desk top. Unable to log into my microsoft account with my work email address. Says it does not exist when it does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-new-computer/4e766186-59bd-4266-94b9-a40ebcf85cd6
  6. New computer set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer set up: Hi,We have an older computer and just bought a new one. We'd like to use the same password as the old computer to be able to sync, but of course during the spell where the MS account was asking for a new password every other day, unsure what it is. We've tried a couple on the...
  7. New computer set up

New computer set up: Hi,We have an older computer and just bought a new one. We'd like to use the same password as the old computer to be able to sync, but of course during the spell where the MS account was asking for a new password every other day, unsure what it is. We've tried a couple on the...
  8. Setting up new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up new computer: Hello, i recently purchased a new computer and accidentally clicked set up for an organization instead of personal use. as a result i am unable to log in to the computer and the windows + pause break key option does not allow me do anything. How do i revert back to...
  9. New computer set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New computer set up: I received a new computer and accidentally selected "for business" and now I cannot complete the start up process. How can I go back and change to personal use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-set-up/3dbf26b8-614b-43bf-9481-c0b39ee832c1
  10. set up new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set up new computer: I have never set up a new computer and I would like to know what are the key things I should do after I am on the desktop for the first time, and in what order and how should I perform each operation (should I backup windows, update drivers, etc.)? It is a Dell desktop...