Windows 10: I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

Discus and support I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GreenDoc, Aug 23, 2019.

1. GreenDoc Win User

I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do.

I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not use the stupid PIN, and I am sick of Microsoft trying to FORCE my compliance. I am a cybersecurity professional and this is not ok.

I already read the other community posts and the consensus is: We all want this FORCED PIN stuff to STOP!!!!!!!!! Using PIN in place of actual security procedures is like using 'password' or '1234567' as a password. Seriously?

There is no option to turn it off with the new Windows 10 update, just like the trying to force me to use Edge.

Turn it off!!! Or, tell us how to turn it off.

:)

GreenDoc, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 23, 2019
  4. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

1. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it? - Similar Threads - PIN Password hard

2. I do not want Sign in PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I do not want Sign in PIN.: I do not want Sign in PIN. I've tried everything I could find online. It is extremely annoying. Same thing with verifying my identity - two way verification is turned off and I still can't acces my devices without being asked to setup PIN and then login to Microsoft account...
  3. NO! I DO NOT WANT TO SETUP A PIN!!

NO! I DO NOT WANT TO SETUP A PIN!!: Just got a brand new Windows 10 computer. I use passwords. I do not use PINs. How do I complete my setup WITHOUT a PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-i-do-not-want-to-setup-a-pin/c5c563fd-9323-4cfe-8e18-b9c0c84723f7
  4. I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?

I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?: I want to login my account completely passwordless with my security key. So I set up my security key in "Windows Hello and security keys" and it's works fine, I can login by using my security key. But when I tried to login with my password it still can login with no...
  5. I DO NOT want to use Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I DO NOT want to use Onedrive: Hi, I DO NOT want to use onedrive. I only want my files saved to my PC. How do I do this?? I selected I only want files stored on my PC folder, then I deleted the folder from my onedrive folder. I then tried to open them in my PC folder and it said they'd been deleted!!...
  6. Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...: I like that there is another step to secure my account. But I do not want to use the PIN for my login. I want to use the password. If the 'update' to security is, 'make the user remember another password/pin' then that's just f****** lazy. I want to keep the PIN as a...
  7. Want to use PIN number

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to use PIN number: I had been using a PIN for logging in and all at once I have to use my Windows password. I went into sign-in Options and tried to enter a PIN and I get a screen saying: Making Sure It's You. It's asking me for my PIN and when I put it in nothing happens. I don't see where I...
  8. Want to stop using password

Want to stop using password: When I start my computer I have to enter a password. I would like to be able to stop doing this and be able to go straight into my computer without having to type in a password. Does anyone know how this can be done? 70457
  9. Want to sign in only using pin

Want to sign in only using pin: I have windows 10 installed on my laptop and on my desktop computer. I set a pin to sign in on each computer, but suddenly the desk top computer wants my pin and it also requires me to sign into Microsoft account with my password as well. I don't know why it changed, but I'd...
  10. Want to stop using password

Want to stop using password: How do I change my logon options so that I do not have to use either a password or PIN#? 31715