Windows 10: I do not want web results via Cortana.

Discus and support I do not want web results via Cortana. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home. How do I stop Cortana from searching the web. I do not want any web results and they come up first which is useless.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leanna10, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Leanna10 Win User

I do not want web results via Cortana.

I have Windows 10 Home. How do I stop Cortana from searching the web. I do not want any web results and they come up first which is useless.

:)

Leanna10, Mar 20, 2019

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      I do not want web results via Cortana. a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

I do not want web results via Cortana. 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Mar 20, 2019
  4. I do not want web results via Cortana.

Cortana only providing web search answers since upgrading to Creators Update and will not run my Programs

Cortana is integrated with search to make the experience better for users.

You may try turning off the web search in Cortana and check if it helps.

Kindly perform the below steps:

• Click on the Cortana Search box.
    • Go to Notebook tab.
    • Click on Settings.
    • In Settings, Turn off the option Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alert and more.
    • Also, turn off Search online and include web results option.

Let us know if this worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

I do not want web results via Cortana.

1. I do not want web results via Cortana. - Similar Threads - web results via

2. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  3. Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy: I have Cortana installed on one PC because the use says the sky will fall and the world will end of they can't talk to their computer. Really. When I enable "Don't search the web or display web results in search" group policy (Computer Configuration, Administrative Tools,...
  4. Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Grou Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Grou Policy: I have Cortana installed on one PC because the use says the sky will fall and the world will end of they can't talk to their computer. Really. When I enable "Don't search the web or display web results in search" group policy (Computer Configuration, Administrative Tools,...
  5. Cortana web search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana web search: Is there any way I can change Cortana settings so when I search for something it brings up a new tab in Google Chrome, not Microsoft Edge with bing. My default search engine is Google Chrome but it still opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge. submitted by /u/DATBOI___...
  6. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  7. Cortana stopped showing web results

in Cortana
    Cortana stopped showing web results: Cortana search from the Taskbar recently stopped including web results. I've tried the following: 1. Rebooting my computer 2. Rebuilding my search index 3. Stopping/restarting the Windows search service 4. The solution posted by Vijay_Verma that involved running the...
  8. Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results: Ever since Build 14385 and now in 14388, Cortana has been using and opening IE as the browser for showing search web results instead of Edge. Edge is set as the default browser and has been for a long time. Have checked all the settings in both Edge and IE, as well as in...
  9. Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana): Hi, ever since I installed the windows anniversary update I haven't been able to disable the "Search online and include web results" in Cortana settings. When I turn it off the next time I check the setting its just turned itself back on again... Having this setting enabled...
  10. Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer: How to: Show Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer How to Show Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 version 1903. When searching the web from...