Windows 10: I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...

Discus and support I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can get into recovery environment, reformat the entire hard drive, but the directory labeled X:\Windows\SYSTEM32\> is write protected and I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MikeTheDad83, May 25, 2023.

1. I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...

I can get into recovery environment, reformat the entire hard drive, but the directory labeled X:\Windows\SYSTEM32\> is write protected and I have been unable to fix the changes that were made there. It is obviously where the kit has taken root. I'm not even sure I have control of the main computer anymore. I am fairly certain they made a virtual machine and after taking administrative privileges they either hid the VM from me or have me on the VM as is sometimes done in corporate setting to keep tabs on employee activities. I keep thinking I am getting somewhere and then, as if to just lau

:)

MikeTheDad83, May 25, 2023

2. my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

BriJean2000, May 26, 2023
  3. Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, May 26, 2023
  4. I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, May 26, 2023
Thema:

I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...

1. I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a... - Similar Threads - don't ask question

2. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  3. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  4. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Pc has been freezing and i don't know why.

My Pc has been freezing and i don't know why.: My pc freezes whenever I play video games.It seems vary how often it freezes depending on what game I'm playing typically more resource requiring games crash faster On event viewer it shows up with the text:The previous system shutdown at 1:26:31 PM on ‎1/‎10/‎2024 was...
  6. My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?

My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?: My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have been trying to reset my password - no luck. Can you help me get my account back? I am currently using another account just to send this message and hopefully reach out...
  7. My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?: My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have been trying to reset my password - no luck. Can you help me get my account back? I am currently using another account just to send this message and hopefully reach out...
  8. My account has been hijacked by someone I do not know, how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...

I don't even know how to ask the question.... my computer has been hijacked by a...: I can get into recovery environment, reformat the entire hard drive, but the directory labeled X:\Windows\SYSTEM32\> is write protected and I have been unable to fix the changes that were made there. It is obviously where the kit has taken root. I'm not even sure I have...
  10. I don't even know how to frame this question. LOL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't even know how to frame this question. LOL: Ok so this is what happened. Everytime I set a custom sound. For example: when you close a program, play ding. This setting is available Control Panel>Sounds>Sounds. So I changed the close program sound to ding and it is playing constantly even though i have not closed any...