Windows 10: I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

Discus and support I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just Changed a minimum bios change what I have found after that is my all the drived are locked with bitlocker. I can't even access my data. I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sagar Rayhan, Feb 29, 2024.

1. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

I just Changed a minimum bios change what I have found after that is my all the drived are locked with bitlocker. I can't even access my data. I need help. Please anyone help me. btw I have tried to access my key in mycrosoft devices but found nothing rather it shows an error. What should I do bro??

:)

Sagar Rayhan, Feb 29, 2024

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Feb 29, 2024
  4. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

1. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens... - Similar Threads - don't locked drives

2. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...: I just Changed a minimum bios change what I have found after that is my all the drived are locked with bitlocker. I can't even access my data. I need help. Please anyone help me. btw I have tried to access my key in mycrosoft devices but found nothing rather it shows an...
  3. I don't want to have a bitlocker or encrypt my local drives but if I didn't encrypt my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want to have a bitlocker or encrypt my local drives but if I didn't encrypt my...: I don't want to turn on or encrypt my local disks but windows force me because of the bitlocker. It will become read-only if disk if I didn't turn on the BitLocker, that's why I have no choice but to turn on the bitlocker to all of my disks and I don't want it. How can I fix...
  4. I don't want to have a bitlocker or encrypt my local drives but if I didn't encrypt my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want to have a bitlocker or encrypt my local drives but if I didn't encrypt my...: I don't want to turn on or encrypt my local disks but windows force me because of the bitlocker. It will become read-only if disk if I didn't turn on the BitLocker, that's why I have no choice but to turn on the bitlocker to all of my disks and I don't want it. How can I fix...
  5. I don't want to have a bitlocker or encrypt my local drives but if I didn't encrypt my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?: I have a Windows 11 Home install with Device Encryption turned on. I am trying to access my locked partition outside of Windows. What is the passphrase to unlocking it? Is it my Microsoft account password? My Bitlocker recovery key? Windows hello pin? There are a few more...
  7. drive locked by BitLocker Drive Encryption and due to electricity problem my correct...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    drive locked by BitLocker Drive Encryption and due to electricity problem my correct...: I wanted to lock one of drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption. I used the 'Manage BitLocker' for it. I entered a password and saved my recovery material to my Microsoft account. The encryption was in the process and took a lot of time, it was still going on around 10 mins...
  8. My Drive is locked after Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Drive is locked after Bitlocker encryption: Hello, I got a new Laptop Lenovo T490s running windows 10. After doing all the updates, I then run the Bitlocker encryption from command prompt. after which i restarted the Laptop. But now it wont boot, it get stuck at the boot menu screen I have tried booting on safe...
  9. What happens if windows change after encrypt drive with BitLocker?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What happens if windows change after encrypt drive with BitLocker?: Hi, Suppose we encrypting a drive with BitLocker then format Windows drive and install new Windows 10. Now how we can access to encrypted drive? Thanks...
  10. Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows: How to: Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows How to Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or...