Windows 10: I dont get sound from my Microsoft Surface Book 2 when I use a second display?

Discus and support I dont get sound from my Microsoft Surface Book 2 when I use a second display? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can you please tell me how you have fixed this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnPrice1, May 30, 2020.

1. I dont get sound from my Microsoft Surface Book 2 when I use a second display?

Can you please tell me how you have fixed this problem

:)

JohnPrice1, May 30, 2020
  2. A. User Win User

Using Surface Go as an external display for Surface Book 2

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, could you please let us know how exactly you are trying to connect the Surface Book to Surface Go?

If both devices are on the same network, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to configure Surface Go as a portable Monitor and check.

1. Go to Settings in Surface Go.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Projecting to this PC.
    4. Select Available everywhere or
      Available everywhere on secure networks
      in the drop down menu under
      Windows PCs and phones to this PC when you say it’s OK
    5. Select First time only or
      Every time a connection is requested
      in the drop down menu under
      Ask to project to this PC
    6. Turn on the Required PIN for paring, if it is prompted.
    7. Make sure you turn off the switch
      This PC can be discovered for projection only when it is plugged in as you will use your Surface PC as a portable display.
    8. Then click on Yes.
    9. Then try following steps to project display on Surface Book 2.
    10. Click on Action Center.
    11. Click on Connect button.
    12. Select the name of wireless display (Surface Go).
    13. Check the box behind Allow mouse, keyboard, touch and pen input from this device.
    14. Then press Windows + P key and try Extend or other options and check if it is working.

You may also want to refer
    Trouble connecting Surface to a second screen

Connect Surface to a TV, monitor, or projector
    and

Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    for more details.

We await your response.

A. User, May 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book 2 - August 1, 2018 Surface

Source: Updates for Surface Book 2 (01 Aug 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Manual download: Download Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, May 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

I dont get sound from my Microsoft Surface Book 2 when I use a second display?

New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9 Surface

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, May 30, 2020
Thema:

I dont get sound from my Microsoft Surface Book 2 when I use a second display?

1. I dont get sound from my Microsoft Surface Book 2 when I use a second display? - Similar Threads - dont sound Microsoft

2. I deleted the windows boot manger from my surface book 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted the windows boot manger from my surface book 2: What should i do when i deleted the windows boot manger by accident and when i open it then there comes a message that there is not software and there is no software...
  3. I deleted the windows boot manger from my surface book 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted the windows boot manger from my surface book 2: What should i do when i deleted the windows boot manger by accident and when i open it then there comes a message that there is not software and there is no software...
  4. I deleted the windows boot manger from my surface book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I use surface book 2 and fotgot my sign in password most of the times i use face...

I use surface book 2 and fotgot my sign in password most of the times i use face...: I use surface book 2 and fotgot my sign in password most of the times i use face recognition and it Isn't work and showed "something happen in your pin reset pin" and also i can't recall my security question properly. What do i do? How could i get the password...
  6. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  7. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  8. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. WLAN getting interuppted on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN getting interuppted on Surface Book 2: In spite of a lot of research in ther Web, I still have no found a solution to the problem. When the Surface Book 2 is connected to a WLAN, the connection is interrupted every few minutes. It than takes another minute, and the connection is up an running again. Windows 10...
  10. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...