Windows 10: I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

Discus and support I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have a lenovo ideapad 100s. I've updated it from 8 to 10. It's been quite a while like one year since I've updated it. Now its asking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarshaPonukumati, Jul 4, 2019.

1. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

So I have a lenovo ideapad 100s. I've updated it from 8 to 10. It's been quite a while like one year since I've updated it. Now its asking for bitlocker recovery key. The thing is I havent even set up bitlocker and I'm the only one who uses this laptop. When i used the command prompt to show me the password it shows that there isn't a password. It only shows the id but no password.

I've been locked out of my laptop for a few days now.

:)

HarshaPonukumati, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jul 4, 2019
  3. pj04 Win User
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

pj04, Jul 4, 2019
  4. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

1. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me - Similar Threads - dont bitlocker recovery

2. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key: I am trying to update my bios and intelme but it suggests i know my bitlocker recovery key. I am pretty sure i dont have one. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-bitlocker-recovery-key/71dfa93f-5168-4dd4-a90e-1c9d3f88efc0
  3. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key: I am trying to update my bios and intelme but it suggests i know my bitlocker recovery key. I am pretty sure i dont have one. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-bitlocker-recovery-key/71dfa93f-5168-4dd4-a90e-1c9d3f88efc0
  4. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!: Greetings,My pc was in repairs, needed to change batrery. Būt now I cant turn on my pc. Shows blue screen asking for butlocker key that repuiers only digits. Būt checking my Microsoft account settings, I havent even set it UP. How I can get it?Thank you....
  5. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!: Greetings,My pc was in repairs, needed to change batrery. Būt now I cant turn on my pc. Shows blue screen asking for butlocker key that repuiers only digits. Būt checking my Microsoft account settings, I havent even set it UP. How I can get it?Thank you....
  6. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

7. Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load

Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load: Why does laptop keep asking for BitLocker recovery key instead of loading. Screen is black with hp sign and never loads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-asking-for-bitlocker-recovery-key-and/316d9372-4b37-40ba-a626-1160f7dd456f
  8. Bitlocker asks for a recovery key, but it haven't provided me with one yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker asks for a recovery key, but it haven't provided me with one yet: I had a Bitlocker encrypted system partition Windows 10. I needed more space on it and I had some spare space at the end of the disk. So, I decrypted the partition, extended it, and enabled Bitlocker again. Bitlocker asked for a PIN, I entered it. Before the actual encryption...
  9. Bitlocker asks for a recovery key, but it haven't provided me with one yet

Bitlocker asks for a recovery key, but it haven't provided me with one yet: I had a Bitlocker encrypted system partition Windows 10. I needed more space on it and I had some spare space at the end of the disk. So, I decrypted the partition, extended it, and enabled Bitlocker again. Bitlocker asked for a PIN, I entered it. Before the actual encryption...
  10. Bitlocker asks for a recovery key, but it haven't provided me with one yet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade