Windows 10: I don't have a Bitlocker Recovery Password

Discus and support I don't have a Bitlocker Recovery Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I never received a bitlocker Recovery password/key. It was never given to me. I'm responsible for Africa and all of Asia for my company. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LEVIDOW, May 18, 2020.

1. LEVIDOW Win User

I don't have a Bitlocker Recovery Password

I never received a bitlocker Recovery password/key.

It was never given to me.

I'm responsible for Africa and all of Asia for my company.

I can't afford to be locked out of my computer.

I started to update my lenovo software and the Bitlocker screen appeared and asked me for 48 digits I don't have.

I need urgent reply and support !

Is there hotline? I need to speak to someone ASAP !

Levi

:)

LEVIDOW, May 18, 2020
  2. Dukewayne Win User

bitlocker password?

I have the Recovery Key but that is not the problem. I have no bitlocker password - not lost or forgotten; it was never created. Sounds like you're suggesting I turn off bitlocker and just turn on again.

Dukewayne, May 18, 2020
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 18, 2020
  4. I don't have a Bitlocker Recovery Password

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue and check if that helps. I suggest you to reset the password using the login screen and check if that helps. Refer the section under
    Resetting recovery password from the following article on
    BitLocker recovery guide
    for steps to reset recovery password.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    , where you will find support from professional who are dedicated to handle issue related to Bit locker.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 18, 2020
Thema:

I don't have a Bitlocker Recovery Password

1. I don't have a Bitlocker Recovery Password - Similar Threads - don't Bitlocker Recovery

2. To Change Password, You Have to Have One and I Don't

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Change Password, You Have to Have One and I Don't: When I got my PC several years ago, I installed Windows 10 but asked a Microsoft Tech to make the settings so that I didn't have to sign in to my own own PC. But often, when my PC boots up, it requires a Windows 10 password before I can use my PC. As I do not have a password,...
  3. I lost my Hard drive bitlocker recovery key and I don't find where to write the password.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I lost my Hard drive bitlocker recovery key and I don't find where to write the password.: I have a big problem. I spilled Coffee into my laptop, and now it doesn't work. so I took the ssd hard drive to get my data, because my master project is in the hard. But when I connect my hard drive to another laptop, it asks for a 48 digit Bitlocker recovery key. I've...
  4. Bitlocker key and password recovery

Bitlocker key and password recovery: Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?...
  5. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"
  6. I have a bitlocker recovery key problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a bitlocker recovery key problem: Dear Support team, I am having a bitlocker problem as follows: - I used bitlocker before to encrypt for my Windows 7, but after having a window problem I updated to window 10 and forgot to store the recovery key, I have lost the bitlocker recovery key and cannot re-open...
  7. need to turn off bitlocker, i don't remember password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to turn off bitlocker, i don't remember password: i have win 10, i can't disable bitlocker drive because i don't remember password and i can't use file recovery key because file recovery key on local drive please help me?...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Key Do I have a virus?

Bitlocker Recovery Key Do I have a virus?: Turned off last night, and this morning I have a Bitlocker screen. It does not say BITLOCKER RECOVERY. only BITLOCKER. None of the support suggestions work nor can I get any other screen. I downloaded a Microsoft game last night, maybe it was a virus? I've had this...
  9. unable to unlock drive locked with bitlocker, although i have password & recovery key

unable to unlock drive locked with bitlocker, although i have password & recovery key: hi, My laptop is switching off after 5mins of booting up. the service center said most probably the hard disk is crashing & it needs to be chamged, so i wanted to backup my data in another computer. but i have a drive bitlock encrypted. although i have the right password...
  10. BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password: A friend using Win 10 Pro emailed me saying "I’ve managed to lock myself out of my data drive having encrypted it with bit locker. Now it does not recognise my password and will not let me type in the Recovery key (cannot get letters to type in)". He has a C drive for OS...