Windows 10: I don't have a Desktop folder in my User file, how can I fix this?

Discus and support I don't have a Desktop folder in my User file, how can I fix this? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my C:\Users\Zaeem, I don't have a desktop folder, but I do have all the other folders such as downloads, documents, videos, etc. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZaeemQamar04, Apr 5, 2019.

1. I don't have a Desktop folder in my User file, how can I fix this?

In my C:\Users\Zaeem, I don't have a desktop folder, but I do have all the other folders such as downloads, documents, videos, etc. How can I fix this?

:)

ZaeemQamar04, Apr 5, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 5, 2019
  4. I don't have a Desktop folder in my User file, how can I fix this?

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

I don't have a Desktop folder in my User file, how can I fix this?

1. I don't have a Desktop folder in my User file, how can I fix this? - Similar Threads - don't Desktop folder

2. I have a corrupted file or directory. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a corrupted file or directory. How can I fix this?: Corrupted file or directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-corrupted-file-or-directory-how-can-i-fix/ad59cb45-3e61-4c55-af8d-eddd3a3ce2a5
  3. I have a corrupted file or directory. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a corrupted file or directory. How can I fix this?: Corrupted file or directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-corrupted-file-or-directory-how-can-i-fix/ad59cb45-3e61-4c55-af8d-eddd3a3ce2a5
  4. User folder has duplicated my files and I don't want this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder has duplicated my files and I don't want this: Hi, I have noticed my storage is almost full, yet I have 66GB on the drive, exploring I find a USERS folder with my name that has 157GB on there - ahah! However when I delete these files on this user folder it also deletes them from the Desktop/documents/pictures folders - I...
  5. How can I freeze desktop users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I freeze desktop users?: كيف يمكنني عمل تجميد ملفات النظام؟ عبر نهج المجموعة. ويتم تنزيل التحديثات عبر خادم المجال https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-freeze-desktop-users/8ae4ed7d-c21a-4d75-b8f5-21398570f741
  6. Changed my only user profile to 'Desktop' by mistake, how can I fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed my only user profile to 'Desktop' by mistake, how can I fix?: To provide some context, I was preparing my PC by changing the default locations of the folders such as Videos, Photos, Documents etc, so that they would be on my OneDrive on the C:\, which I had just moved across from my J:\ which I am replacing. My Desktop 'location' was...
  7. I Have A Problem That I Don't Know How To Fix

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I Have A Problem That I Don't Know How To Fix: Umm... How do I fix "Unable to activate Windows"? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-that-i-dont-know-how-to-fix/d75cad29-f770-487e-95a1-638e0029539d
  8. How to delete my user folder and maintain what I have on my desktop and downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete my user folder and maintain what I have on my desktop and downloads: Hi. I have Windows 10, recently discovered I have no more storage on the laptop yet should have more than half available, I have discovered that I have a Users folder, labelled with my name, it has duplicated everything on my laptop, I have no need of it. I have trialled...
  9. I don't know why my files are sorting this way, how can I not have this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know why my files are sorting this way, how can I not have this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Electro_Mite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/envuur/i_dont_know_why_my_files_are_sorting_this_way_how/
  10. I destroyed my user folder, how to fix ?

in Windows 10 Support
    I destroyed my user folder, how to fix ?: So here's what happened: I have 2 HDD drives. C drive, I want to use only for system things, because it's only 55gb in size (it's SSD). For all other stuff (apps, documents, music, videos, games etc.) I use D drive. By deafult windows stores everything under C. So, I...