Windows 10: I don't have a hosts file

Discus and support I don't have a hosts file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was trying to edit the hosts file and couldn't find it. And I'm sure it's not hidden and I tried a lot. And I even updated Windows and the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FardinAhmadi, Mar 3, 2020.

1. I don't have a hosts file

I was trying to edit the hosts file and couldn't find it.
    And I'm sure it's not hidden and I tried a lot.
    And I even updated Windows and the problem didn't work out.
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks

:)

FardinAhmadi, Mar 3, 2020

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Mar 3, 2020
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Mar 3, 2020
  4. I don't have a hosts file

Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

I don't have a hosts file

1. I don't have a hosts file - Similar Threads - don't hosts file

2. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  3. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  4. I don't have permission to open my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have permission to open my files: Right, so bare with me because I know it sounds like this question has already been answered however in my case it actually hasn't. So I rebooted my laptop to factory settings the other day, I backed everything up on my WD Passport Ultra. Now I have managed to get all the...
  5. Don't have file explorer in pc

Don't have file explorer in pc: I don't have file explorer in my pc. What i need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-file-explorer-in-pc/6c2f215b-474f-47a9-8ab5-06bd522f0c86"
  6. I don't have access to my own files

I don't have access to my own files: Whenever I try to save an edit of a .txt file, delete files, or move videos from one folder to another, a pop-up appears saying that I do not have permission to do that and to contact the owner or an administrator. I am the owner and admin. I've gone into the files'...
  7. Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working ): Hi I keep getting this symptom from time to time , it fixes with windows updates but then occasionally come back . I have a list of advertising and malware websites that I filter through hosts file that are often used by a chat client as per the chat client community...
  8. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...
  9. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: should the Hosts file be made read only ? 51243
  10. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: I am embarrassed that I forgot on change from Windows 7 to 10 I forgot until now to remember that only the sample Hosts file was installed. Now I cannot recall where the more comprehensive version came from or how to install it. Please advise me. 97081