Windows 10: I don't have a Wi-Fi option.

Discus and support I don't have a Wi-Fi option. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, my computer can easily be connected to the internet via Ethernet. Yet, I can not keep my computer downstairs connected to the Ethernet. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khalidkhan6, Nov 5, 2018.

1. I don't have a Wi-Fi option.

Hey, my computer can easily be connected to the internet via Ethernet. Yet, I can not keep my computer downstairs connected to the Ethernet. The problem is, I don't have an option to connect to Wifi, for example, I click on Internet/network in Settings, but the only options are Status, Ethernet, Dial-Up, then more (not Wi-Fi) So, I just need to know how I connect to the internet via Wireless. There is no option for Wireless in Device Manager aswell, just ethernet.

:)

khalidkhan6, Nov 5, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 5, 2018
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 5, 2018
  4. omkar Win User

I don't have a Wi-Fi option.

Wi-fi option is not available?

Wi-fi option is not available in my windows 10 pro so what can i do to bring Wi-fi option?

omkar, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

I don't have a Wi-Fi option.

1. I don't have a Wi-Fi option. - Similar Threads - don't option

2. I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop: I don't find wifi option on my setting. How can I able to connect wifi on my laptop? Please help me. I need to submit my project tomorrow morning. It's part of my final exam. Please help me to resolve my problem soonThank you...
  3. I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop: I don't find wifi option on my setting. How can I able to connect wifi on my laptop? Please help me. I need to submit my project tomorrow morning. It's part of my final exam. Please help me to resolve my problem soonThank you...
  4. My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?: My sign-in options says 'This option is currently unavailable' and 'Something went wrong. Try again later.' I have tried everything and it didn't help....
  5. My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?

My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?: My sign-in options says 'This option is currently unavailable' and 'Something went wrong. Try again later.' I have tried everything and it didn't help....
  6. Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want: There is this option for an English United Kingdom keyboard that I don't want. however it doesnt show up in the list of installed keyboards nor does United States-International show up as a language pack optionIf i add the UK keyboard it ends up with these cursed optionsit...
  7. Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want

Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want: There is this option for an English United Kingdom keyboard that I don't want. however it doesnt show up in the list of installed keyboards nor does United States-International show up as a language pack optionIf i add the UK keyboard it ends up with these cursed optionsit...
  8. My task managers don't come up with GPU options. How to solve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task managers don't come up with GPU options. How to solve this?: So hello, As usual I was doing some stuff on my laptop and after that I opened task manager to see GPU and CPU usage while gaming, but GPU option didn't show up on task manager. How can I bring back GPU option in my task manager.Please me to solve this issue. Thanks!System:...
  9. My task managers don't come up with GPU options. How to solve this?

My task managers don't come up with GPU options. How to solve this?: So hello, As usual I was doing some stuff on my laptop and after that I opened task manager to see GPU and CPU usage while gaming, but GPU option didn't show up on task manager. How can I bring back GPU option in my task manager.Please me to solve this issue. Thanks!System:...
  10. I don't have a "Windows Terminal" option when I right click the start key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a "Windows Terminal" option when I right click the start key.: I want to return to the Legacy Right Click Context. The online procedure I've seen says I should see "Windows Terminal" when I right click the start button, but I don't....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i dont have wi-fi menu