Windows 10: I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

Discus and support I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Walter Knight, Apr 15, 2020.

1. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the only thing I can click on is NO to exit the window.

:)

Walter Knight, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 15, 2020
  4. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

No admin rights

Chose the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I was listed as the administrator. Tried downloading a printer disc but was denied admin access. Started fooling with my Admin acct, added a guest, changed mine to user and have lost all abilities to access anything
    that needs Admin. Won't allow me to: net user admin/activate:yes. Can't restore to previous point because I have no Admin access. Can't even use the admin command.

With no new disc can't do a reinstall. Any suggestions. Very frustrated. Triedlusrmgr.msc. and it didn't work.

Rodger1414, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

1. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin - Similar Threads - don't Admin rights

2. I have no admin rights on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have no admin rights on windows 10.: So its been barely a month since I started on windows 10 and was still managing the users. As I was editing stuff from the users option on my main local admin account I removed myself as a member of the group administrators. I didnt even add myself in the group of the normal...
  3. Need admin privileges but I am the admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need admin privileges but I am the admin: I am trying to install an app that I know is safe, but windows 10 is blocking me from doing so. It is telling me that the admin is blocking it, though I am logged on to the admin account. I cannot deploy my C# application due to this error. I am on an ASUS laptop...
  4. I need admin access when I am the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need admin access when I am the admin: When I go to change my time zone in control panel, it says I need administrator access when I am in an admin account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-admin-access-when-i-am-the-admin/44b16390-a6de-4f5c-aec2-67f350c8fad8
  5. No Admin privileges but i am admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Admin privileges but i am admin: Hi guys, I am having troubles with my pc,it it been a couple of month i have tried almost everything. My Pc Win 10 home Architecture 64 bit i5/8gb/4gb nvidia 1650 Symptoms •100% gpu usage. •Glitches while playing video. •High temperature without performing tasks....
  6. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  7. I don't have admin..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  8. Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.: Hey everyone sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this but I've run out of options and have no idea what to do. I just got a Surface Book 2 and have logged into my Microsoft account just like on my desktop however on the Surface Book Cortana will take voice commands...
  9. Told to contact admin - but i am admin!

in Windows 10 Support
    Told to contact admin - but i am admin!: I wanted to save a txt file to C: and got told I didn't have permission to save in that location: contact admin. But I have admin, am an administrator. How does all that work? p.s. sharing is enabled. Administrators have full control. 114054
  10. I don't have the rights to write on system disk as admin..?

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't have the rights to write on system disk as admin..?: I disabled UAC & i'm using the only account on this system, which is admin. Yet i'm not allowed to write to C roots and being ask to write in many other places.. How do i disable that & i'm having admin rights ALL THE TIME while using my admin account..? EDIT: Ok so what i...