Windows 10: I don't have bluetooth on my pc

Discus and support I don't have bluetooth on my pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I get blue tooth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-bluetooth-on-my-pc/b7290526-378b-42d6-8cc5-6405d197f73a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RayTito, Jun 7, 2023.

1. RayTito Win User

I don't have bluetooth on my pc

How do I get blue tooth?

:)

RayTito, Jun 7, 2023

2. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

sygnus21, you're a hero! You had the final step in the equation!

SOLUTION:
    1. Wipe all bluetooth settings and drivers, unplug and re-plug the Iogear dongle, achieving a blank slate
    2. Install the appropriate Windows 10 driver from Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    3. Open Start, type "Device Manager" and open the first result
    4. Under Bluetooth, right-click "Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device" and left-click "Update Driver"
    5. Select the automatic option in the new window.
    Finish updating that driver, and you're good to go!

Apparently, one must have Iogear's GBU521 driver installed first before asking Windows 10 to update it. Quite a complex process if you ask me, certainly not plug-and-play at all!

My bluetooth devices are now working fine and dandy!

ivangoabby, Jun 7, 2023
  4. I don't have bluetooth on my pc

Conection from bluetooth to my android play but don´t have sound

Conection from bluetooth to my android play , pause and skip songs but don´t have sound

It seems to work fine, but not heard

Help please!

MartinViruel Dzib, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

I don't have bluetooth on my pc

1. I don't have bluetooth on my pc - Similar Threads - don't bluetooth

2. I don't have a Bluetooth on my PC Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a Bluetooth on my PC Windows 11.: I have been having a lot of problems trying to find Bluetooth on my PC, when i try troubleshooting for Bluetooth, it says that my device does not have Bluetooth and that i need an external Bluetooth adapter to get this feature... I'm running out of patience!...
  3. I don't have a Bluetooth on my PC Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have a Bluetooth on my PC Windows 11.: I have been having a lot of problems trying to find Bluetooth on my PC, when i try troubleshooting for Bluetooth, it says that my device does not have Bluetooth and that i need an external Bluetooth adapter to get this feature... I'm running out of patience!...
  4. bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random: i spilled some water on this keyboard. worked fine except the right bracket didn't work. the key just didn't work for shift but worked for the 0 on the key. Then the comma stopped working after the started again! what is this random shifting key not working?...
  5. bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random

bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random: i spilled some water on this keyboard. worked fine except the right bracket didn't work. the key just didn't work for shift but worked for the 0 on the key. Then the comma stopped working after the started again! what is this random shifting key not working?...
  6. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/TELEPHONY/CALL don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/TELEPHONY/CALL don't work: Hi everyone,I have a bluetooth phone, QCY HT05, but windows dont' show voice/call/TELEPHONY option to connect.I tried with SoundSwitch, and this app shows that it don't found device when I selected my phone to use Hands Free voice.Please, someone have a miracle solutions?...
  7. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/TELEPHONY/CALL don't work

Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/TELEPHONY/CALL don't work: Hi everyone,I have a bluetooth phone, QCY HT05, but windows dont' show voice/call/TELEPHONY option to connect.I tried with SoundSwitch, and this app shows that it don't found device when I selected my phone to use Hands Free voice.Please, someone have a miracle solutions?...
  8. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/TELEPHONY/CALL don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work: Hi everyone,I have a bluetooth fone, QCY HT05, but windows dont' show voice/call option to connect.I tried with SoundSwitch, and this app shows that it don't found device when I selected my fone to use Hands Free voice.Please, someone have a miracle solutions? Seems a general...
  10. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work: Hi everyone,I have a bluetooth fone, QCY HT05, but windows dont' show voice/call option to connect.I tried with SoundSwitch, and this app shows that it don't found device when I selected my fone to use Hands Free voice.Please, someone have a miracle solutions? Seems a general...