Windows 10: I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user

Discus and support I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CWatts324, Jun 15, 2019.

1. CWatts324 Win User

I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user

I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user

:)

CWatts324, Jun 15, 2019

2. User accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to find the other users in accounts option?
    To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Jun 15, 2019
  4. I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user

New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user - Similar Threads - don't Family users

2. I cannot access family and other users.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access family and other users.: When I try to open Settings>Accounts>Family and other users, it simply closes settings and does nothing. I had a similar problem with the windows defender anti-virus, but I ended up just installing another anti-virus after taking it to a shop that also couldn't figure out...
  3. I cannot access family and other users.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access family and other users.: When I try to open Settings>Accounts>Family and other users, it simply closes settings and does nothing. I had a similar problem with the windows defender anti-virus, but I ended up just installing another anti-virus after taking it to a shop that also couldn't figure out...
  4. no family and other user option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no family and other user option: i created a google associated account , and due to wrong name in email i deleted it. not i created another user in windows 11 but when i go to account no option for family or other user is there i think it is due to i delted user folder first and trying to remove user later ....
  5. no family and other user option

no family and other user option: i created a google associated account , and due to wrong name in email i deleted it. not i created another user in windows 11 but when i go to account no option for family or other user is there i think it is due to i delted user folder first and trying to remove user later ....
  6. Family&other users option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family&other users option is missing: where the family & other users option go? it was here but I can't find it anymore why it disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/familyother-users-option-is-missing/4c47eb00-4880-4a1c-9935-b4c80fb41df0
  7. Family&other users option is missing

Family&other users option is missing: where the family & other users option go? it was here but I can't find it anymore why it disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/familyother-users-option-is-missing/4c47eb00-4880-4a1c-9935-b4c80fb41df0
  8. Under 'Users', I have one called 'new user'; what is it?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Under 'Users', I have one called 'new user'; what is it?: Under 'Users', I have one called 'new user', which is different from my regular local account, but seems to have the same folders in it. Is this something I made accidentally and can erase, since my regular local account is right there?...
  9. Family & other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family & other users: How can someone else’s family be in charge of my sons family & other users? We didnt set up this family group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-other-users/f60fb5eb-f70b-4246-a788-dc8f85376e64
  10. Family & Other Users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family & Other Users: Under Settings - Accounts - Family & Other Users, I'm getting a red-letter message that "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date". Any idea what could be causing this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add user to lenovo laptop microsoft no family

2. family and other users not an option

3. windows 10 family and other users missing

4. Family & other users setting is missing,
  5. family and other users missing,
  6. under accounts dont have family and others