Windows 10: I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan !

Discus and support I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan ! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i want to create a new "power plan" on the "power options" it doesn't give me other options like "High Performance" or "Ultimate Performance" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yahia BSK, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Yahia BSK Win User

I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan !

When i want to create a new "power plan" on the "power options" it doesn't give me other options like "High Performance" or "Ultimate Performance" as the other windows 10 users have. For me, it only gives me the "Balanced" option to create it image below :I hope you help me with this asap.My Device Info :- Windows 10 Pro 21H2 10.0.19044 Build 19044, 64bit.- Hp ProBook 650 g8.- i5-1135g7.

:)

Yahia BSK, Sep 21, 2022

2. Cannot change power plan from balanced

When I go into power via settings I only have the option of balanced and only option is to create a new plan

bartjunited, Sep 21, 2022
  3. benoitvm Win User
    How to create a new power plan based on an existing custom (OEM) plan ?

Beside the usual, Windows default "Balanced" power plan, my new Dell laptop has a custom OEM power plan (named "Dell").

I'd like to create my own power plan, but Win10 only allows me to create one based on the Balanced one, not the OEM (Dell) one. I'd prefer to start from the Dell plan, because I would think it is best tuned for my system. Could there be special, hidden,
    DELL-specific settings in the Dell plan ? How can I create a new plan based on the Dell plan ? Or am I just not missing any subtle Dell tuning by starting from the Balanced (Windows default) plan instead ?

benoitvm, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Fexton Win User

I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan !

Power Plan Stuck on Balanced + No Minidumps being created

Hi, many thanks for your response, I have run through all of the steps, other than 4. which is not possible since I am running a desktop.

No issues were found in the SFC Scan & DISM, and all that the troubleshooting and resetting to defaults did was lower the
    Minimum Processor State and engage 'Moderate' link state PCIE power savings as they reset these to the defaults for the Balanced power plan - which I am still stuck on at the page shown in image.
    I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan ! 0afdbd11-e94e-420e-8cfb-65158710d75e?upload=true.png

Each time I select High Performance, the marker jumps back to Balanced. I was able to fix this by running the powercfg –restoredefaultschemes command suggested in

This Thread
    but each time I reboot the system, the problem returns.

Thanks in Advance.

Fexton, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

1. I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan ! - Similar Threads - don't options rather

2. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  3. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  4. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan !: When i want to create a new "power plan" on the "power options" it doesn't give me other options like "High Performance" or "Ultimate Performance" as the other windows 10 users have. For me, it only gives me the "Balanced" option to create it image below :I hope you help me...
  6. I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan !

I don't have other options rather than "Balanced" Whenever i want to create a new power plan !: When i want to create a new "power plan" on the "power options" it doesn't give me other options like "High Performance" or "Ultimate Performance" as the other windows 10 users have. For me, it only gives me the "Balanced" option to create it image below :I hope you help me...
  7. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  8. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  9. balanced plan for power

balanced plan for power: cannot get high performance power plan as option on laptop, what do I do? powercfg change does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/balanced-plan-for-power/b598c38c-df19-4005-93c0-148c12ed713e
  10. I don't have any other power plan except High Performance plan

I don't have any other power plan except High Performance plan: Hi, After upgrading to 1709, all my power plans are gone. Right now I have only one power plan (High Performance). Even I don't have any option to create one. Please can any one help me in restoring all the power plans. Please refer to the below screenshot....